HTC 8X issue with text, email, phone calls

Headley84

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

My wife and I have both been experiencing an odd issue with our 8Xs. Randomly we stop receiving text messages, email, and when someone attempts to call us it goes straight to voice mail. Every time this happens the only way to get the phone to behave normally again, for awhile at least, is to send an email, text, or make a phone call. Once this is done everything we missed starts flooding in. Here is what I tried so far with little success:

1) Turned off wifi, no affect.
2) Switched off 4g and ran with 2g. This seems to cause the issue to happen less.
3) Factory reset
4) Turned roaming on.

We are on T-Mobile and almost always have 3-5 bars of service depending on our location.

Thanks in advance!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay... Get the Internet and MMS APN data from T-Mobile.
Insert it manually and at the bottom of these settings set your phones to ipV4 only.
Report if that helps. There are issues with ipV6 on some routers / firewalls.

WriteRCastle

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. Thought I was the only one. I'm on T-Mobile as well. Restarting the phone or turning airplane mode on or off also resolves it for me, temporarily.

WriteRCastle

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I updated my phone with the recent update and setup the connection with the HTC connection setup app and it seems like it may have resolved the issue. I'm not sure which fixed it, but I haven't experienced the issue since the day the update was released. I'll reply back if I experience it again.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue, seemed to do with poor t mobile signal quality. Haven't had it in a while.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

roddybirks

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Happened on my htc hd7 a lot back in the day whenever I was getting incoming texts, emails etc in dead zones. I would receive the messages hours later after they were sent to me. Also at times while on the phone talking, I wasn't able to send or receive picture messages. Could it be tmobile's hspa+? Are WP users on other carriers experiencing the same thing?

lukeeagle

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
mine has never sent/received texts. or received calls. if bill gates sent me $1000 it wouldnt make up for the pain this god awful product has caused me. i wish i had a phone like gordon gekko instead of this pos. i spent an hour in the tmobile store today instead of watching the playoffs, and im gonna spend an hour in the tmobile store tomorrow instead of watching the playoffs.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I still had occurrences after the update. Haven't had then lately but it seems to appear randomly
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Corbin Mitchell

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my 8X on TMO US. I posted this in the TMO forums also... disabling Visual Voicemail did not help, setting the phone to 2G has resolved the problem the past 2 days (it would happen to me several times a day)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3