Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey Guys,

My wife and I have both been experiencing an odd issue with our 8Xs. Randomly we stop receiving text messages, email, and when someone attempts to call us it goes straight to voice mail. Every time this happens the only way to get the phone to behave normally again, for awhile at least, is to send an email, text, or make a phone call. Once this is done everything we missed starts flooding in. Here is what I tried so far with little success:

1) Turned off wifi, no affect.
    2) Switched off 4g and ran with 2g. This seems to cause the issue to happen less.
    3) Factory reset
    4) Turned roaming on.

We are on T-Mobile and almost always have 3-5 bars of service depending on our location.

Thanks in advance!
    Okay... Get the Internet and MMS APN data from T-Mobile.
    Insert it manually and at the bottom of these settings set your phones to ipV4 only.
    Report if that helps. There are issues with ipV6 on some routers / firewalls.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

I'm having the exact same issue. Thought I was the only one. I'm on T-Mobile as well. Restarting the phone or turning airplane mode on or off also resolves it for me, temporarily.

I am also having the same problem on T-Mobile

I updated my phone with the recent update and setup the connection with the HTC connection setup app and it seems like it may have resolved the issue. I'm not sure which fixed it, but I haven't experienced the issue since the day the update was released. I'll reply back if I experience it again.
    HTC connection setup app did not work with t-mobile :(
    Try installing the portico update because I don't experience this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyfernandez View Post
    HTC connection setup app did not work with t-mobile :(
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Try installing the portico update because I don't experience this issue.
    sorry, forgot to say that I was on the unlocked verizon 8x with a tmobile sim :( so no portico update for me...

After a week or two of not having this issue, this issue occurred to me again today.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Same issue

I had this issue, seemed to do with poor t mobile signal quality. Haven't had it in a while.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Happened on my htc hd7 a lot back in the day whenever I was getting incoming texts, emails etc in dead zones. I would receive the messages hours later after they were sent to me. Also at times while on the phone talking, I wasn't able to send or receive picture messages. Could it be tmobile's hspa+? Are WP users on other carriers experiencing the same thing?

mine has never sent/received texts. or received calls. if bill gates sent me $1000 it wouldnt make up for the pain this god awful product has caused me. i wish i had a phone like gordon gekko instead of this pos. i spent an hour in the tmobile store today instead of watching the playoffs, and im gonna spend an hour in the tmobile store tomorrow instead of watching the playoffs.

It seems to happen to me only in certain deadzones in my parents house

This issue seems to keep happening every once in a while

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    On the t-mobile forums, they indicated they worked with HTC and have identified the issue. Workaround is to switch on/off airplane mode to prevent, but it will require an update to resolve

HTC 8X not receiving all texts Support | T-Mobile

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Did any of you guys get the portico update and is the issue still occurring?

Issue still occurs for me after the portico update. Someone on the T-Mobile forums mentioned they had some luck by turning of visual voicemail. HTC 8X Randomly Drops T-Mobile Network Service Support | T-Mobile

I still had occurrences after the update. Haven't had then lately but it seems to appear randomly
    I have the same issue with my 8X on TMO US. I posted this in the TMO forums also... disabling Visual Voicemail did not help, setting the phone to 2G has resolved the problem the past 2 days (it would happen to me several times a day)

Disabling visual voicemail didn't fix the issue for me either.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Same problem, tmobile here. Here is the link on tmo..

HTC 8X Randomly Drops T-Mobile Network Service Support | T-Mobile

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    I've not once seen this on my Verizon 8X, but I would suggest a simple power down with removing and reinserting the SIM. Then boot back up and wait a few minutes. At least on Verizon that will update the PRL and apparently forces re-authentication. I've seen it fix fluctuating signal on other devices, so maybe that's somehow related to the missed texts and auto voicemail redirect.

We've tried that, the only fix till an update is to toggle airplane mode on and off periodically. I just do it once when I wake up and once later jn the day.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast