Poor data connectivity

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Anyone else noticed the 8X having poor data connectivity indoors? It seems to switch much quicker to lower data rates (Edge) than my previous Lumia 800...

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated to the latest 'Portico' firmware?

I am also coming from a Lumia 800 and the 8X has far better data and wifi strength than the 800.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So nobody else feels their data connection is bad? Its not a speed issue. When it finds 4G its lightning fast. Is just find it drops to lower data rates very quickly when going inside buildings or even loses connection altogether...

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
My data and connectivity indicator keeps showing as not connected or no data, which is why I exchanged the first one. I thought it was dropping, and it would take a reboot to get it back. This one, I've found, is doing the same thing, but I was looking at a no-signal indicator and the phone rang. So, after I finished the call, I tried data, and it was working fine.

I think there is something wrong with the code for the signal icon.

SelfishMom

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the 8X on AT&T, and while I love just about everything so far, I can't connect to the internet at all in my house unless I'm on WiFi. My previous phone (Lumia 900) connected to AT&T's LTE network throughout most of my house, so this is a bit of a letdown. To be fair, the 900 was the only phone out of the last eight or nine I've had that did get a good signal in my house, but still, bummer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte