Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. rpb1969's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Since WP8 update without firmware update there were 3 SIM errors and 3 reboots on my 8x. Hope to get the firmware update asap. I am the only one with this issue?
  2. jasqid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    823 Posts
    Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Yep. Got first one Friday night. Second sat morning, and the last one yesterday afternoon vzw and winphonesupport wanted me to pull the SIM and reseat. Did that last night so lets see how long it takes to do it again. The latest yesterday happened while it had been sitting there on my desk for bout an hour. So its not like it got jarred or something.
  3. Robert Carpenter's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    Yep. Got first one Friday night. Second sat morning, and the last one yesterday afternoon vzw and winphonesupport wanted me to pull the SIM and reseat. Did that last night so lets see how long it takes to do it again. The latest yesterday happened while it had been sitting there on my desk for bout an hour. So its not like it got jarred or something.
    This thread is about the new Software Update and Firmware Update fixing these problems. You stated you have Verizon, so you have neither of these updates yet.
  4. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,777 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    This thread is about the new Software Update and Firmware Update fixing these problems. You stated you have Verizon, so you have neither of these updates yet.
    Mr IT wizkid here thinks its all to do with software. Ignore his arrogance for a second hes only 21.
    Heres a tip that stopped my Sim errors 4 days before the portico updates and i was getting sim errors on an hourly basis.
    Remove the sim tray.
    Give the sim card a wipe with a microfibre cloth.
    Blow into the Sim tray slot.
    Re-insert the sim and turn the phone back on again.
  5. Robert Carpenter's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Mr IT wizkid here thinks its all to do with software. Ignore his arrogance for a second hes only 21.
    Heres a tip that stopped my Sim errors 4 days before the portico updates and i was getting sim errors on an hourly basis.
    Remove the sim tray.
    Give the sim card a wipe with a microfibre cloth.
    Blow into the Sim tray slot.
    Re-insert the sim and turn the phone back on again.
    How am I arrogant for informing someone of a misunderstanding?

    The original poster is asking if people are still having problems after the software update, or if the firmware update is needed to fix this.
    The second poster replied saying he is still having problems, but his phone has not yet been updated.... so of course he is still having them.

    I was simply informing him that his phone has not yet been updated since he in on Verizon.


    If you want to talk about arrogance, why don't you mention how this 21 year old kept trying to inform you that a software update would fix your problem. And how you kept arguing with him saying that it was not a software error and that it was fault hardware for which HTC was to blame.

    Don't forget to mention that your faulty phone was fixed via the software/firmware update and you are no longer having problems. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong and that this 21 year old was right?
  6. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,777 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Robert

    Its the way your response came across. Its arrogant. A couple of extra words here or there and your response comes across slightly less like your telling the guy hes blatantly wrong. For all you know he could have had the update, its a staggered rollout so all devices will get them at different times.

    My response is a simple fix thats been proven to work, someone else in the forum suggested it, I tried it and it works, others have tried it and it works. It has nothing at all to do with software.
  7. Robert Carpenter's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Robert

    Its the way your response came across. Its arrogant. A couple of extra words here or there and your response comes across slightly less like your telling the guy hes blatantly wrong. For all you know he could have had the update, its a staggered rollout so all devices will get them at different times.

    My response is a simple fix thats been proven to work, someone else in the forum suggested it, I tried it and it works, others have tried it and it works. It has nothing at all to do with software.
    I cannot control how you interpret things.

    Anyways, your response to the thread didn't even answer the poster's question. You neglected to state that your phone was having SIM problems and that the update fixed those problems. You were too worried about what I said....

    He wants to know if the software updates fixed the problems so that he knows if they should have fixed his problems too.

    Also, it's not a staggered rollout in the way you're understanding it. What's staggered about it is the carriers. If one person with a Verizon HTX 8X gets the update, then anyone with a Verizon HTC 8X who checks for updates will receive it too. Just trying to help you understand that a little better. Hopefully you don't think I'm being arrogant with that too....
  8. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,777 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    I cannot control how you interpret things.

    Anyways, your response to the thread didn't even answer the poster's question. You neglected to state that your phone was having SIM problems and that the update fixed those problems. You were too worried about what I said....

    He wants to know if the software updates fixed the problems so that he knows if they should have fixed his problems too.

    Also, it's not a staggered rollout in the way you're understanding it. What's staggered about it is the carriers. If one person with a Verizon HTX 8X gets the update, then anyone with a Verizon HTC 8X who checks for updates will receive it too. Just trying to help you understand that a little better. Hopefully you don't think I'm being arrogant with that too....
    Sorry - did you actually read what I wrote? Its quite clear that I said my tip stopped my Sim errors 4 days before the portico updates and i was getting sim errors on an hourly basis. Im trying to point out that the sim errors may have nothing to do with the software updates.

    And your wrong on the staggering im afraid I got my portico update on O2 last Friday. My friend also with an 8X on O2 got his yesterday. It didnt show up unitl yesterday either even with him checking for the updates on a regular basis since Friday when i told him i had mine.

Similar Threads

  1. What options are there, and what do you wish for?
    By desmonium in forum Windows Phone Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 11:51 AM
  2. Are there any good RPG games out there?
    By jkercado in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 01:47 AM
  3. Are there for a device with a 5 inch screen?
    By jalb in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows Phones
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 01:26 AM
  4. Hey-March 20th tomorrow..are we still excited?
    By cdub66 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 06:32 PM
  5. Are there any cloud based music apps?
    By StylinProfilin in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

";