Just got my Verizon employee edition 8X

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So I took my phone off the charging pillow this morning and I have a black screen with the red charging light still lit up. Tried every key sequence imaginable and plugged it into a PC, wall charger, and rested it back on the pillow. Any tips for this? I have a replacement being overnighted to me but it'd be sweet if I could get it working in the mean time.

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for you. If a non Verizon employee buys this phone from say ebay or swappa or even here, and the phone has a problem later down the road like.. dead pixel, software problem, quites charging what happens? Does the buy get an original 8x like black, blue or red? Is there even a warranty on something like that?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for you. If a non Verizon employee buys this phone from say ebay or swappa or even here, and the phone has a problem later down the road like.. dead pixel, software problem, quites charging what happens? Does the buy get an original 8x like black, blue or red? Is there even a warranty on something like that?
There's no warranty on something bought off of eBay unless you sign up during one of Asurion's open enrollment phases, in which case you would be shipped the standard SKU (blue) because there's only a couple thousand of these phones being made. The employee edition DNA is already gone.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the employee edition of the 8x last night. It's interesting that the gray and yellow is generating a lot of interest because I was really wanting the red or blue. I kept going back and forth and finally decided to get the employee edition because it came with the charging pillow. I figured I would put a case on it anyway and cover up the gray. (Don't care for gray!) I didn't even think about it being "limited edition" or anything like that. (BTW, I'm not an employee - my daughter is and I'm on her employee account.)

Honestabebread, do you think the charging pillow was defective or was it the phone? I will be scared to use the charging pillow now.

angermeans

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the club. I had the HTC Trophy last year and thought I would jump back to WP and try out WP8. Plus a $99 gray and limelight yellow employee edition with a Nokia Fatboy charging pillow was too much to pass up. It wont replace my iPhone 5, but I'm really liking it. You are right the gray and limelight look great and in my opinion it does have a better overall feel over other 8Xs I've tried. For the first week of owning it I couldnt put it down, but the lack of apps is really heartbreaking. I was really hoping that Microsoft had addressed this issue since I owned the Trophy last year, but it feels exactly the same. Now that WP8 is using a different kernal we should start to see higher quality applications. The OS is gorgeous and a real joy to use and it is much more fluid and smooth than Android ever will be and that is the real reason I switched back to iOS earlier this year as I just couldnt take it anymore. Anyways enjoy your new phone.

Photo Dec 19, 9 03 00 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 19, 9 03 10 AM.jpg

angermeans

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon version of the 8X (employee edition and the regular black, blue, and red) all have wireless charging built in. From what I've read they are the only 8X's out that have wireless charging built in to the device. Hope this helps

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I took my phone off the charging pillow this morning and I have a black screen with the red charging light still lit up. Tried every key sequence imaginable and plugged it into a PC, wall charger, and rested it back on the pillow. Any tips for this? I have a replacement being overnighted to me but it'd be sweet if I could get it working in the mean time.

I had the same problem and wasn't able to revive the phone. Mine was on a Nokia Wireless Charger as well. That is what is inside your pillow...

Verizon swapped mine out at the store after spending 30 minutes trying the same stuff I did.

No problems with the new one so far (8 days later)...

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought my VZW black the day it was released.
My hardware version is 0002, but the top-left corning is completely worn off.
It is the more rubbery finish, though.
JJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism