Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Hey guys. My wife just surprised me with a new Verizon Employee Edition 8X!

p__43d7-1-.jpgp__43ed-1-.jpg

Beautiful gray body, lime greenish/yellow speaker and camera accents. I absolutely love it! I will say that the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's left soft feeling I guess. Feels more like the Droid DNA's finish, which I prefer. It also came with a free Fatboy charging pillow in red, which works very well. For those of you who don't know, it's just a bean bag pillow that the Nokia wireless charger slides inside of.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    looks sweet, I would love that gray over the blue I have

Looks great!

Now when are we getting updates for our 8X's? haha

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I like the message toast notification in the first pic. Lol.

The phone looks gorgeous. I wish they released this all over the world.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    Hey guys. My wife just surprised me with a new Verizon Employee Edition 8X!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P__43D7 (1).jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	25130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P__43ED (1).jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	25131

Beautiful gray body, lime greenish/yellow speaker and camera accents. I absolutely love it! I will say that the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's left soft feeling I guess. Feels more like the Droid DNA's finish, which I prefer. It also came with a free Fatboy charging pillow in red, which works very well. For those of you who don't know, it's just a bean bag pillow that the Nokia wireless charger slides inside of.
    what the? Is the title actually black or is it the picture that made it looks black but actually grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleknights View Post
    what the? Is the title actually black or is it the picture that made it looks black but actually grey?
    Are you talking about the tiles? he is using High Contrast if thats what you mean

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    The tiles are black in this picture but now I have it to cobalt. The phone does come with a custom tile color that matches the speaker grill, but my god it's bright.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have mine with the steel colored tiles, it looks great with the grey casing.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I envy you so much. I wish HTC released this internationally.

I find it VERY interesting that you mention that "the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's LESS soft feeling..."

Below is a quote from a post I made earlier today:

"So I ordered my black 8x on 12/11 and picked it up on 12/17. The first thing I noticed is that the texture of the phone seems different than the other devices I've played with (in 3 Verizon stores, 2 Best Buys, a Radio Shack and an AT&T store). It is less rubberized...it seems smoother and appears as if it would be less susceptible to rubbing off".

That was the first thing I noticed when I held the phone...it didn't seem as soft and "rubbery"...it was more "smooth". After reading about the soft-touch coating wearing off and/or staining, I was happy. I also noticed that the Hardware Version Number is 0002. Perhaps HTC realized the initial problems and have altered the device...that is my hope at least.

I'm happy for you. That's a sweet phone. Any inside info on when we're getting our updates?

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strokee View Post
    I find it VERY interesting that you mention that "the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's LESS soft feeling..."

Below is a quote from a post I made earlier today:

"So I ordered my black 8x on 12/11 and picked it up on 12/17. The first thing I noticed is that the texture of the phone seems different than the other devices I've played with (in 3 Verizon stores, 2 Best Buys, a Radio Shack and an AT&T store). It is less rubberized...it seems smoother and appears as if it would be less susceptible to rubbing off".

That was the first thing I noticed when I held the phone...it didn't seem as soft and "rubbery"...it was more "smooth". After reading about the soft-touch coating wearing off and/or staining, I was happy. I also noticed that the Hardware Version Number is 0002. Perhaps HTC realized the initial problems and have altered the device...that is my hope at least.
    My blue 8X also says 0002. I got in Ireland last week. Do most peoples sat 0001?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ibs View Post
    My blue 8X also says 0002. I got in Ireland last week. Do most peoples sat 0001?
    I would suspect that the "original batch" would say 0001". Have you had any issues with the corners of your device turning black, or with any of the coating rubbing off? Does your device feel more soft/rubbery or more "smooth"?

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strokee View Post
    I would suspect that the "original batch" would say 0001". Have you had any issues with the corners of your device turning black, or with any of the coating rubbing off? Does your device feel more soft/rubbery or more "smooth"?
    Nope it looks perfect just like the day I got it but I've had it for less than a week now so it might be too soon to tell. I can't really comment on it being less rubbery since it's the only one I've held but it is pretty smooth. I haven't had it in any cases yet but I will as soon as they arrive.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottd34 View Post
    I have mine with the steel colored tiles, it looks great with the grey casing.
    I don't really dig the steel theme. I put the black case VZW sells on it and the case is just transparent enough to give it a really awesome look.

And as for the casing, I much prefer it to the 8X I have for work. It must be some kind of revision because its a huge improvement.
    RSM for VZW

Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    I don't really dig the steel theme. I put the black case VZW sells on it and the case is just transparent enough to give it a really awesome look.

And as for the casing, I much prefer it to the 8X I have for work. It must be some kind of revision because its a huge improvement.
    I have the same case, and agree...I also suspect that there has been some form of "revision" to the 8x casing.
    Wait a sec... Is the Verizon Hardware revision 002. Because it should be different hardware if it has wireless charging and CDMA. My unlocked international is hardware rev. 002
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ya the 2 employee editions i have look perfect too. I put it in a clear hardshell case anyway. As to the person who asked about updates, I would have to check but I didnt see anything when I looked the other day.
    Just FYI, All HTC 8X's have been Hardware Revision 0002 since launch day. Revision 0003 is what we are looking for to signify something new. I got my Verizon HTC 8X on release day and it Revision 0002.

=P
    Thanked by:
    Interesting... Verizon CDMA and International Unlocked get the same Hardware Revision Number. 002
    How can that be?
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    So I took my phone off the charging pillow this morning and I have a black screen with the red charging light still lit up. Tried every key sequence imaginable and plugged it into a PC, wall charger, and rested it back on the pillow. Any tips for this? I have a replacement being overnighted to me but it'd be sweet if I could get it working in the mean time.
    RSM for VZW

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have a question for you. If a non Verizon employee buys this phone from say ebay or swappa or even here, and the phone has a problem later down the road like.. dead pixel, software problem, quites charging what happens? Does the buy get an original 8x like black, blue or red? Is there even a warranty on something like that?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
    I have a question for you. If a non Verizon employee buys this phone from say ebay or swappa or even here, and the phone has a problem later down the road like.. dead pixel, software problem, quites charging what happens? Does the buy get an original 8x like black, blue or red? Is there even a warranty on something like that?
    There's no warranty on something bought off of eBay unless you sign up during one of Asurion's open enrollment phases, in which case you would be shipped the standard SKU (blue) because there's only a couple thousand of these phones being made. The employee edition DNA is already gone.
    RSM for VZW

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Oooooh... that's one gorgeous phone. And I love the text message you got, too

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Here's mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-12-28-12.04.42.jpg   2012-12-28-12.04.57.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast