Just got my Verizon employee edition 8X

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. My wife just surprised me with a new Verizon Employee Edition 8X!

P__43D7 (1).jpgP__43ED (1).jpg

Beautiful gray body, lime greenish/yellow speaker and camera accents. I absolutely love it! I will say that the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's left soft feeling I guess. Feels more like the Droid DNA's finish, which I prefer. It also came with a free Fatboy charging pillow in red, which works very well. For those of you who don't know, it's just a bean bag pillow that the Nokia wireless charger slides inside of.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the message toast notification in the first pic. Lol.

The phone looks gorgeous. I wish they released this all over the world.

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. My wife just surprised me with a new Verizon Employee Edition 8X!

View attachment 25130View attachment 25131

Beautiful gray body, lime greenish/yellow speaker and camera accents. I absolutely love it! I will say that the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's left soft feeling I guess. Feels more like the Droid DNA's finish, which I prefer. It also came with a free Fatboy charging pillow in red, which works very well. For those of you who don't know, it's just a bean bag pillow that the Nokia wireless charger slides inside of.
what the? Is the title actually black or is it the picture that made it looks black but actually grey?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The tiles are black in this picture but now I have it to cobalt. The phone does come with a custom tile color that matches the speaker grill, but my god it's bright.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I find it VERY interesting that you mention that "the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's LESS soft feeling..."

Below is a quote from a post I made earlier today:

"So I ordered my black 8x on 12/11 and picked it up on 12/17. The first thing I noticed is that the texture of the phone seems different than the other devices I've played with (in 3 Verizon stores, 2 Best Buys, a Radio Shack and an AT&T store). It is less rubberized...it seems smoother and appears as if it would be less susceptible to rubbing off".

That was the first thing I noticed when I held the phone...it didn't seem as soft and "rubbery"...it was more "smooth". After reading about the soft-touch coating wearing off and/or staining, I was happy. I also noticed that the Hardware Version Number is 0002. Perhaps HTC realized the initial problems and have altered the device...that is my hope at least.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I find it VERY interesting that you mention that "the texture of the device is slightly different than the other 8X's, it's LESS soft feeling..."

Below is a quote from a post I made earlier today:

"So I ordered my black 8x on 12/11 and picked it up on 12/17. The first thing I noticed is that the texture of the phone seems different than the other devices I've played with (in 3 Verizon stores, 2 Best Buys, a Radio Shack and an AT&T store). It is less rubberized...it seems smoother and appears as if it would be less susceptible to rubbing off".

That was the first thing I noticed when I held the phone...it didn't seem as soft and "rubbery"...it was more "smooth". After reading about the soft-touch coating wearing off and/or staining, I was happy. I also noticed that the Hardware Version Number is 0002. Perhaps HTC realized the initial problems and have altered the device...that is my hope at least.

My blue 8X also says 0002. I got in Ireland last week. Do most peoples sat 0001?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My blue 8X also says 0002. I got in Ireland last week. Do most peoples sat 0001?

I would suspect that the "original batch" would say 0001". Have you had any issues with the corners of your device turning black, or with any of the coating rubbing off? Does your device feel more soft/rubbery or more "smooth"?

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I would suspect that the "original batch" would say 0001". Have you had any issues with the corners of your device turning black, or with any of the coating rubbing off? Does your device feel more soft/rubbery or more "smooth"?

Nope it looks perfect just like the day I got it but I've had it for less than a week now so it might be too soon to tell. I can't really comment on it being less rubbery since it's the only one I've held but it is pretty smooth. I haven't had it in any cases yet but I will as soon as they arrive.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have mine with the steel colored tiles, it looks great with the grey casing.

I don't really dig the steel theme. I put the black case VZW sells on it and the case is just transparent enough to give it a really awesome look.

And as for the casing, I much prefer it to the 8X I have for work. It must be some kind of revision because its a huge improvement.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't really dig the steel theme. I put the black case VZW sells on it and the case is just transparent enough to give it a really awesome look.

And as for the casing, I much prefer it to the 8X I have for work. It must be some kind of revision because its a huge improvement.

I have the same case, and agree...I also suspect that there has been some form of "revision" to the 8x casing.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Wait a sec... Is the Verizon Hardware revision 002. Because it should be different hardware if it has wireless charging and CDMA. My unlocked international is hardware rev. 002

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
ya the 2 employee editions i have look perfect too. I put it in a clear hardshell case anyway. As to the person who asked about updates, I would have to check but I didnt see anything when I looked the other day.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, All HTC 8X's have been Hardware Revision 0002 since launch day. Revision 0003 is what we are looking for to signify something new. I got my Verizon HTC 8X on release day and it Revision 0002.

=P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3