Anybody bought a HTC 8X full price?

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Am I crazy for keeping my unlimited and potentially buying the HTC 8X at full price? I am sick of waiting for a phone I really want and part me on principle alone does not want to loose my unlimited data. Then again I can get it for $49.99 (no tax and shipping via Amazon Wirless and have 4GB of data with hotspot for same price as unlimited with hotspot. It's bad enough I am unsure to get the HTC 8X but now I am unsure if I should keep my unlimited data. LOL I need help.:grincry:

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I did. Paid $449 at my local att store. I'm holding out on signing a new contract until October 2013 when me and my wife can combine our accounts.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I paid $607 (€459) for mine but it's locked for 6 months or whenever I spend €120 on credit which I will in a few months.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
I did it! Full price! Black version only cause Blue is backordered! I am done waiting for a phone. My TP2 is screen is completely dead. Can't wait to get my phone! Then I will be able to enjoy WP8 and the forum better. :)

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I did it! Full price! Black version only cause Blue is backordered! I am done waiting for a phone. My TP2 is screen is completely dead. Can't wait to get my phone! Then I will be able to enjoy WP8 and the forum better. :)

Congrats! Seeing pictures of the black one and I actually really like it. I got the blue one because it was the only one available but I might have gotten it either way lol.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I paid full price for mine since I'm grandfathered into an unlimited plan with Verizon. I actually picked mine up at the Microsoft store and luckily enough they had just gotten the blue ones in the day before and had them in stock. I ended up paying the retail $550 for mine.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I paid full price on Verizon for a blue 8X since I'm tied into contract but I can't help but be happy to be back on Windows Phone from Android.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I paid full price on Verizon for a blue 8X since I'm tied into contract but I can't help but be happy to be back on Windows Phone from Android.

Which Android phone did you have and why are you glad to have stopped using it? I just sold my GS3 for the 8X and I love it but I still have a Nexus 4 (which I haven't been using ever since I got the 8X)

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Which Android phone did you have and why are you glad to have stopped using it? I just sold my GS3 for the 8X and I love it but I still have a Nexus 4 (which I haven't been using ever since I got the 8X)
I previously used a Droid RAZR and was frustrated with the Camera, some pieces of the Android experience, as well as performance was never great on the device. Battery life was also frustrating on the RAZR.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I previously used a Droid RAZR and was frustrated with the Camera, some pieces of the Android experience, as well as performance was never great on the device. Battery life was also frustrating on the RAZR.

I'm sure you would have had better battery life with the MAXX :p

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
All I know is I am going to use my unlimited data like crazy lol. Hopfully VZW doesn't throttle speeds. Hmm... I guess there is no way around paying for the hotspot feature? I have been doing that forever for free so it will be weird to be charged for it....

Mark Bair

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was able to keep my unlimited with some phone shifting, but only paid $49 after walmart giftcard.

I have five lines on my verizon family plan.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to pay full price for the 8x if you are on Verizon and you have have a basic phone on your account. I bought the 8x subsidized and I still have unlimited data.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Paid full price as well. As I do with all my phones. I'm on an old minutes package and unlimited data with AT&T. Don't really want to give up either.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I paid full price, six months until I'm up for renewal, but my Trophy has problems and the camera is crap, so I didn't want to wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05