Update for Verizon

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Ditto for AT&T.

Verizon is the worst for updates. Palm Pre 2 users never got the last two webOS updates, even months after they were released.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
As a Verizon Trophy owner I have gotten every update that has been put out. From what I have experienced Verizon updates have been far more reliable than at&t.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the Verizon 8x for a little over a week and a half. Originally started out with just the battery issues but it did seem to get better as the days went on.
However, I returned it because the bottom left corner of the glass was lifting. They also reversed my upgrade eligibility so I'm going to wait to
see how the update for Verizon affects the battery life before I decide to get another one or maybe wait for something better (the upcoming Nokia
models for Verizon).

Hopefully they get the update out soon or I'm just gonna wait for something new. I did love the phone though otherwise.

kmann1994

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My mom and sister have a Trophy and I have always been able to instantly update to the latest version by plugging the phones into Zune. Do you know if the 8X has this same feature? Shouldn't you be able to update it right away by just plugging it into the computer?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The Trophy doesn't have any OTA updates.

For OTA updates, like WP8 and webOS, Verizon has been by far the worst.

I haven't experienced any problems with Verizon updates. With both Mango and Tango I received mine very early. I had my updates while many others were waiting.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Again, Mango and Tango aren't OTA updates -- you had to hook up to Zune to get them. Verizon was better on connected updates than AT&T, but AT&T has historically been much better than Verizon on OTA (not that AT&T is that great either).

Microsoft had claimed in the June unveiling of WP8 that it would be updated without carrier interference, but it seems that promise has been broken. A shame, since so many other devices update direct from the OEM now (most notably, the iPhone).

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Im tech support for ATT, but VZW is literally right next door. I have some friends over there that have been told the 16th is the day for the update. Interestingly, we have not heard anything from the ATT side of things. We will see.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that they would ready tech support this early for a platform so small... For a minor update.

I'm sure its coming, I don't think anyone really knows when though. 'cept good ol' Gates. He's the key master.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Im tech support for ATT, but VZW is literally right next door. I have some friends over there that have been told the 16th is the day for the update. Interestingly, we have not heard anything from the ATT side of things. We will see.

nothing on the documents i saw about the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon