New Hardware Revision on the way?

kmann1994

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So, as some of you prospective or current 8X buyers might have noticed, it's sold out almost everywhere. Well, at least the Blue Verizon LTE model is...

I started reading about how people have been getting the dirty corner problems, and began to worry about buying the phone. Then I read somewhere that the reason it's backordered everywhere is because HTC started with only a small supply of them in order to test for any hardware problems. So, with this initial supply currently depleted, the new supply coming in should be a new hardware revision that has hopefully fixed that dirty corner problem.

Do you think there's any truth in this?

One user I saw posted that the 8X he very recently received had a different feeling back than the release units on display in stores currently. Like they changed the material or coating or manufacturing process of the material in response to the hardware QC problems people have been having. So, maybe they have already started.

I really hope this is true, because I am very eager to purchase my Blue LTE 8X as soon as it comes back in stock. Hopefully the dirty corner issue is fixed :)

Leave your thoughts!

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had a blue 8x from first day (well, pre-order anyway) in it looks great no cosmetic issues at all so not sure what your waiting for I don't believe these are general problems but rather unique ones.

kmann1994

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had a blue 8x from first day (well, pre-order anyway) in it looks great no cosmetic issues at all so not sure what your waiting for I don't believe these are general problems but rather unique ones.

I think you're right. The problem does seem to be widespread. Well, I'm not really waiting. I was literally going to buy it yesterday on Best Buy online, but it's sold out! Then I checked Amazon, backordered! So I'm kind of stuck right now.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
its due to clothing dye sinking into the soft coating.

wear jeans/pants with white cloth pockets = fine
wear black dress pants, new jeans = stained

a revision isn't going to happen... although the 8X is new, HTC has had these issues since they launched the white HTC One X

kmann1994

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
its due to clothing dye sinking into the soft coating.

wear jeans/pants with white cloth pockets = fine
wear black dress pants, new jeans = stained

a revision isn't going to happen... although the 8X is new, HTC has had these issues since they launched the white HTC One X

I don't think that's totally ideal. The staining problem actually is rare. Most people have no problems. They will work on the manufacturing process I bet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)