- 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM #1
So... let's get right into it. These are the issues I'm experiencing so far on my black Verizon 8X:
- Apps not opening: when I tap an app (Mail, Messaging, Phone, and Baconit in particular as they are my most frequently used apps), the phone animates like it's entering the app but then just returns to the home screen. This happens again and again until, finally, the app will open.
- Sometimes, when I'm in Messaging, sending SMS text messages is unresponsive.
For example, I just tried to text my brother; I can type the text message fine, but when I click the little send button, nothing happens. The send button itself highlights itself as it would when working, but the text message I've typed out stays on the typing screen and doesn't send. I've tried rebooting the phone to fix this issue; that works only some of the time. If the reboot doesn't work, I just try and wait the issue out until it "miraculously" starts working again.
- At least once a day (but usually twice or more), my phone displays an "Invalid SIM error" message. A reboot of the phone fixes this issue but, like I said, the error always returns within less than 24 hours.
- In People, when I try to add a contact, nothing happens. I enter the relevant information for my new contact, but when I click the save button, nothing happens.
I'm leaning towards exchanging my phone. I love the phone, the OS, and the app store, but I'm really disappointed with all of these bugs. Do you guys think they might be fixed with the upcoming firmware update since they seem to be software issues?
12-23-2012, 04:43 PM #5
- 13 Posts
- 12-27-2012, 01:47 AM #7
I had exactly this behavior on my phone after installing the Skype Beta. (Short Messages were messed up, the native Email app would crash, Calender would not save any appointments, it was a terrible mess.) After removing of Skype, everything was working fine again.
...reported the app as malware, Microsoft did not respond ;-)
- 12-29-2012, 07:29 PM #8
Alright, I'm back with more to report. I tried changing my chat status within the Messaging app to "Available" but it only changed the problem a little bit. When I set my status as "Available", the phone takes a little while to sign in and become "available." After doing so, I click one of my SMS text message threads and attempt to send a message. I type out the message and click the send icon button but the SMS text doesn't send! I am very disappointed that Messaging, one of the most basic services a smart phone offers, is not simply working. After realizing that my phone will not send a text, I press the back button to go back to the "Threads" screen. When I get back to that "Threads" screen, my phone displays 0 threads. Then, I check my chat status again (after quitting and re-opening the app via the back button) and it says "Offline." What gives?!! I can't send any SMS texts... only Facebook chat works. Curses!!!
Will someone please help me out?
Also, the phone still has trouble opening apps sometimes. For example, sometimes I click my Mail app and it tries opening it but ends up just giving me a black screen quickly before returning to the Home Screen. This happens with many apps, including Messaging, Mail, Baconit, Facebook, Skype, Phone... the list goes on.
01-31-2013, 03:58 PM #10
- 3 Posts
I was super excited to get my new Windows 8x HTC phone from Verizon. 4 days in it completely dies. Hard reset and still nothing works. Exchange phone and now on my 2nd phone I am having this exact same problem. Apps hardly ever open. Text messages "send" button does nothing. This is turning into a disaster for a choice in phones FAST!!
- 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM #11
On my second VZW 8X and waiting on my third. The first had the screen popping out so I could see the backlighting shine through and the body creaked. The second one tha I currently have started out solid, now it creaks and the camera rattles and pops. In addition I get non stop SIM errors, and now the last two days random shut offs (I think Im at 4 today for those).
Terrible quality on HTCs part.
01-31-2013, 05:06 PM #12
- 3 Posts
Just got off the phone with Verizon. They told me that you are only allowed one swap out for a different phone once within 14 days. So even tho this phone is only 9 days old since I have already swapped it (for same model) once that counts and all I can do is keep swapping until I get one that works. They insist they have never heard this issue and all the people that have these phones LOVE THEM. Instructed me to head down to store to do another replacement for same phone and cross my fingers that this one does not have any issues.
- 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM #13
- 02-01-2013, 09:39 AM #14
I had that odd ball issue but, I rebooted it and it was fine...interesting...XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)
Save Windows Media Center in Windows 10 #WindowsMediaCenter
02-03-2013, 11:05 AM #15
- 2 Posts
I'm having the same issue for the last 4 days. Google Mail doesn't work, texting doesn't work, and my contacts are all messed up. When i view accounts in the setting all my accounts seem to be stuck syncing. Going to try to reset my phone and see if that works.
- By fierywater in forum HTC 8XReplies: 164Last Post: 09-14-2014, 08:59 PM
- By BeaverJuicer in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 36Last Post: 07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
- By blinkyjesus in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
- By CJ Thunder in forum Samsung Focus Flash 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 03-31-2013, 10:31 PM
- By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM