12-23-2012, 11:12 AM #1
- 1 Posts
I have tried everything
1. Changed the language/region settings to United states (local scount icon comes up but does not show any results)
2. Location turned on/suggestions allowed
3. I thought the problem was with my live account, so I reset the phone. Created a new live account with language as US(English) and region as US
Still nothing, I am extremely disappointed with this because I was looking forward to local scout as a bing feature. Due to this I cannot even search for landmarks using Maps- Get directions
- 12-23-2012, 01:37 PM #4
I've talked to WindowsPhoneSupport and they told me that the local scout is not available to all regions. I know on WP7.5 we could setup "US for browser and search" and it would work anywhere but not anymore.
Maybe if people would write up their settings and region it would give us a better idea of where it is working.
Browser & search: US English
With those settings above I do get the local scout icon in Bing search
On WP7.5: it worked
On WP8: it doesn't work
- 12-23-2012, 07:14 PM #5
It works on my 8X...sort of. It returns only 20 results for any given search, and in an urban area, that gives you places within about a block and a half of your location. So...basically useless.
Anyone know how to make Local Scout return more than 20 results?
- By MichaelBanning in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 52Last Post: 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM
- By mock19 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-05-2011, 06:43 PM
- By jbarata in forum Samsung Omnia 7Replies: 2Last Post: 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
- By Piratelooksat40 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 2Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM
- By emko in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2011, 03:53 PM