how durable is the windows phone 8x?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I can only speak for myself, but my three-week-old 8X in Blue has no scratches, stains, rubber coating coming off, etc. It has been flawless, unlike the 920 it replaced after dust got under the screen and both camera lenses.

sharpcyrcle

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to send mine in for repair tomorrow. It fell out of my back pocket on a tile floor and cracked. the impact was visibly right where the glass curves into the plastic.I;m sure its tough phone. but this particular design feature creates a major weak point if the phone hits just right. Trident Aegis already ordered for my replacement.

sharpcyrcle

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I can verify that it can certainly handle being sat on repeatedly which I continued to do without my cracks getting worse. And it was dropped a few times that I thought would surely do it.and it was fine. Only hitting that weak spot did it in.buy a case for peace of mind but I would say durability is above average.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
finally someone sits on it. thanks man
i left my 8x in my back pocket, my jeans' pockets are blue on the inside, not visible from the outside of the jeans, pockets.
im not 100 % sure it was the 8x that cause it but... they are blue, and i dont carry blue things in my pockets usually.
check your pockets, maybe it is the phone leaving its mark.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I would not go with HTC for a durable device, due to a defect in manufacturing process the exterior soft coat of the device is prone to severe damage w/ only everyday use that HTC refuses to repair under warranty.

If you want a durable Windows Phone, go with a Nokia.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have sat on the phone unintentionally and have had no problems as of now. I wouldn't make a habit of it of course.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That is only if you have jeans with dye that runs and will stain the case, none of my jeans have ever had an issue and I have no dye transferred to me phone. It is reasonable and understandable that if you have heavy dyed jeans that run and stain, it might transfer to your phone.

I sit on mine often, no issues.

Mike LaCroix

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
i bought the windows phone 8 and today on my way to gym i slipped and used my phone to break my fall and the screen didn't break I'm like finally a phone that is Michael proof ha ha

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I can advise that I never had an issue with discoloring with the black 8x. I have dropped the 8x several times onto different materials and had no issues. At least until a week and a half ago, when I dropped it on my concrete sidewalk and evidently it hit the corner just right and the gorilla glass shattered. On a good note, the phone itself is still very much operational. Just difficult to see through all the cracks. So I sit here now waiting on the Lumia 928 to see if I replace it with that or stick with another 8x.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs