Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    2100 is only upstream. Downstream frequencies may vary.

Sounds to me like your 8X doesn't support the same downstream frequency that your carrier uses.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan fernandez View Post
    yes i'm from India. Tell me more. This is what i expected too. But I bought the device from Singapore which uses GSM900/1800 for 2G
    and India uses the same. Both use 2100mhz for 3G. I'm not really sure though. Google results says it uses the same bands. Is there any way I can check what bands my handphone is capable of handling?
    I couldn't find anything on the box.
    Do this:

Check your box and see what bands it supports.

Then check what bands Vodafone uses.

Let's go step by step on this one. There was a post somewhere that I had made and someone had suggested Vodafone in India uses a different band than the ones used in other countries for 3G. Am trying to source it out since yesterday..give a day...meanwhile find out what I mentioned above...

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Do this:Check your box and see what bands it supports.Then check what bands Vodafone uses.Let's go step by step on this one. There was a post somewhere that I had made and someone had suggested Vodafone in India uses a different band than the ones used in other countries for 3G. Am trying to source it out since yesterday..give a day...meanwhile find out what I mentioned above...Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    I am using Verizon 8x in India on vodaphone India. And getting H+ and 3g all the time. Same results with airtel too. You need to ensure you have 3g subscription

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Question: why order an 8X from Singapore or Verizon USA rather than purchase an unlocked one in India? Is the price of a carrier-sold version significantly lower?
  5.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Do this:

Check your box and see what bands it supports.

Then check what bands Vodafone uses.

Let's go step by step on this one. There was a post somewhere that I had made and someone had suggested Vodafone in India uses a different band than the ones used in other countries for 3G. Am trying to source it out since yesterday..give a day...meanwhile find out what I mentioned above...

i checked my box, couldn't find anything on it. Anyhow, I managed to get in touch with HTC customer care and they confirmed that the device sold in Singapore and India are the exact same.I gave them my IMEI number and they said the device should not have a problem in India. I still couldn't find out about the bands they use.And I also tried my airtel(another carrier) sim. Still no 3G on the device.
    About the bands, vodafone customer service has no clue what i'm talking about. But a friend said, i could use a code from my phone's dialer to check what bands it would work on. Again i googled for the codes but there is such little information about windows phones online :/
  6.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklivehere View Post
    I am using Verizon 8x in India on vodaphone India. And getting H+ and 3g all the time. Same results with airtel too. You need to ensure you have 3g subscription
    hi jack, i do have a 3G subscription. I confirmed that with vodafone and even if i didn't have one it would start consuming my regular prepaid balance on my phone. And I have been using 3g on my other phones with this same sim
  7.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Question: why order an 8X from Singapore or Verizon USA rather than purchase an unlocked one in India? Is the price of a carrier-sold version significantly lower?
    Nope, it is pretty much the same. Infact I might have paid a little more in Singapore. I bought it because I was on vacation for a couple weeks in Singapore and I couldn't wait until I got back to India to own this beauty.I don't know about the USA though.

Oh wait, i just re-read your post. I think carrier-sold versions are way cheaper in any country. But the one i bought was sim free.

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
    Hmm..give me day and let me speak to some pandits...

Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12