Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Has anyone removed the sticker on the back of the phone that really should be hiding somewhere in a removable part of a phone?

Hey there! I got my 8x a few weeks ago and thought the sticker was a little strange. Since there is no user access to the inside of the phone on the 8X, the SN/IMEI etc are on the outside of the phone. mine was a little tricky to peel off but once I got a corner up it peeled off cleanly leaving nothing behind. There's another copy of this sticker included in the box (at least in the 2 I've purchased) which you have to attach to the phone if you send it in for warranty repair.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I removed my sticker. A little tricky to get that first corner up, but then it came right off. It left a little smudge but it rubs off easily.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    I had 2 of them in the box on my 2nd 8x, none on the phone. The first one would have been peeled off had I kept it.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express
    I carry a fleet!
    AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Lumia 900
    HTC 8X
    iPhone 4S

Now featuring more Sprint!
    HTC EVO 4G LTE

How's that for a geek pathology!

Good to hear. I like the phone as is and don't plan to get a cover, I just don't like the sticker on it

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yeah I thought it was weird too. Too scared to peel it off but I guess I should. Yeah won't be getting a case. So there is no way to see this info within Windows Phone?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    You should take it off. Your back will eventually get dirty and when the sticker starts to peel off you'll notice the area under the sticker is a nicer color than the rest of the phone.

Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.

Took it off, adamjames you are right I could tell right away the discoloration from usage.
    Phone looks way better and it was easy to peel off.
    I checked the box and there are 4 more stickers included for warranty replacement purposes.
    This phone is too nice to cover!