8x on sale at Verizon Wireless

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow, what a fricken load of crap. I pre-order, pay double, and have it delivered 2 weeks after I could have bought it in the store. I will wait the obligatory month next time. Guess it took me 15 years to finally learn Vzw tactics, shame on me!

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry, take your recites to a Verizon store and you will be reimbursed the difference. I payed 199 in November and went today and got a instant credit to my card of 50 and a rebate slip for 50 more.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my 8x at the Microsoft pop holiday store for 99 was going to get it at best buy for 50 but didn't have red and wanted my phone by christmas

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've dealt with Verizon for a long time now, and just a few weeks ago while I was in there
the guy told me that they price match, which I never knew.

Even if it's $99 I'd go in and tell them Best Buy has it for $50.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I've dealt with Verizon for a long time now, and just a few weeks ago while I was in there
the guy told me that they price match, which I never knew.

Even if it's $99 I'd go in and tell them Best Buy has it for $50.

Verizon corporate stores don't price match, and if they are price matching they will get in trouble with the quickness.

adamjamess

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I work at one of their corporate stores. Corporate stores do not price match, maybe indirect agents do.

There is a price protection policy that we honor but only for a month after purchase I belive.

The 8x is currently reduced to $99 after a $50 mail in rebate. The nokia lumia 822 is currently free at vzw stores as well.

Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My pre-order shipped on 11/23 and I received it on 11/27. EXACTLY one month from today. What are the odds of getting any amount of reimbursement on this $100 difference??

Correction - I received it on the 21st, it was the wireless charger that I received on the 27th...

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Look at your recite people, if you bought during the holidays, thanksgiving included, you have a 50 day exchange not the normal 14. So go in and get your rebate.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I called today and originally they offered $49.99 back, but I asked to talk to a supervisor and he is mailing a $50 rebate form to make up the difference. When in doubt, ask to speak to a supervisor

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, Verizon has no love for me. I was told the policy is 7 days, my phone was activated on Nov 21st, I'm SOL. I sure love Verizon's product, but every time I need to deal with them from a customer service perspective it is so frustrating that I almost get depressed. I wasn't happy to see $40 worth of taxes on a $350 early termination fee on this months bill either. The early termination fee being the result of parents not wanting to pay an extra $30/mo for a phone they never use and only have for safety when traveling. Price increase due to being forced to a shared plan. Talk about insult to injury. Verizon is just so inflexible, I guess because they don't give their customer service reps any autonomy to make decisions. Live an learn, I won't be so anxious to jump on a new phone next time...

Not to take away from this thread, because in my opinion $99 for an HTC 8x from Verizon direct is a great deal! Just wished I'd have gotten it!!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, Verizon has no love for me. I was told the policy is 7 days, my phone was activated on Nov 21st, I'm SOL. I sure love Verizon's product, but every time I need to deal with them from a customer service perspective it is so frustrating that I almost get depressed. I wasn't happy to see $40 worth of taxes on a $350 early termination fee on this months bill either. The early termination fee being the result of parents not wanting to pay an extra $30/mo for a phone they never use and only have for safety when traveling. Price increase due to being forced to a shared plan. Talk about insult to injury. Verizon is just so inflexible, I guess because they don't give their customer service reps any autonomy to make decisions. Live an learn, I won't be so anxious to jump on a new phone next time...

Not to take away from this thread, because in my opinion $99 for an HTC 8x from Verizon direct is a great deal! Just wished I'd have gotten it!!
Its 14 days normally but the holiday times had it extended to January 15th. Call again and double check.

adamjamess

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Look at your recite people, if you bought during the holidays, thanksgiving included, you have a 50 day exchange not the normal 14. So go in and get your rebate.

This is correct. Anything after Xmas gets the 14 days. It's not exactly 50 days but you got until Jan 15th 2013 to xchg or rtrn

Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

call them again and ask for their supervisor and be relentless. They will do it. I have a screenshot from a conversation with an online rep stating their 30 day price protection policy if you need it
I would also haggle with the early termination fee if you stayed in verizon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3