- 12-26-2012, 08:26 PM #1
Couple of questions....
I managed to convince a friend over to the WP8 side(I am doing good with these conversions lol)...I wanted them to join me on the Nokia Lumia side as I am completely anti-HTC(i've owned their Android phones and just...no) but after holding both my old Nokia lumia 810 and my new Nokia lumia 920 they think both phones are big and we were at Best buy and they seemed to like the HTC 8X better.
So i have a few questions
1. I've read some of your 8x phones discolor or whatever...Is this with a particular color? He liked red from Verizon and he also like Att's yellow.
2. If he goes the Verizon route, how are HTC's radios? i've owned a Droid incredible with verizon and as usual with HTC Phones(they look nice but radios suck)...How are the radios with the 8x on Verizon or on At&t? I know coverage is dependent on location but are the radios strong even in low signal areas.
3. Beats Audio....Does he need Beats styled headsets or could he use his own headphones with the 8x?
4. Nokia Drive...I heard mixed stories...that Nokia drive was available for All WP but then i hear that it is not...He needs a good navigation system.
Personally, I am still trying to get him to go Nokia Lumia as I feel like the 8x is a pretty face but not much going for it aside from beats HOWEVER he won't listen to me and is set on the 8x. So i just want to make sure i know all these things so i can pass the info along to him.
12-26-2012, 08:39 PM #2
- 103 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
1.) Some 8Xs have known to discolour bot sure why, but I am from the uk with 8X without a problem.
2.) Cant answer this one i am from the uk.
3.) Beats audio on the 8x is built in with HTCs amplifier. Your friend can use his own headphones and still get the benefits.
4.) As far as I am aware with Googles recent announcement i don't think you will get Google Drive. I am not sure about navigation app on the 8x. There are rumours about Nokia releasing their app when it comes out of beta.
- 12-26-2012, 08:51 PM #3
1.) I had the blue it was starting to discolor after a week and a half if he goes this route I wouldn't recommend anything except black on VZW.
2.) Signal strength on mine was great, even in my house where my Galaxy Nexus had 1 bar, my 8X had 2-3.
3.) He can use any headset, but be sure to tell him the 8X may have beats but the Lumia has Dolby Digital which has been around A LOT longer.
4.) Nokia Drive is available to all WP OEM's provided they want to license the application, we will not be seeing Nokia Drive on the 8X and they will be rolling out their own app of sorts.
I had the 8X only because AT&T is **** in my home town, it's a Verizon monopoly and I would switch carriers for the Lumia in a heartbeat. The 8X is still a nice phone, I just wish it wasn't soft touch... I also wish it would flash to focus in low light conditions, such a stupid thing to miss on HTC's part.
- 12-27-2012, 12:47 PM #5
I owned the 8x for a few days and returned it for the DROID DNA. After that I realized that in probably would have been much happier with the lumia because nokia had free navigation and other nokia apps. (navigation was a big deal for me). Beats is nice. But the 8x has an amplifier built in that powers any headphones making any cheapos sounds great.
Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.
- By rajkumr in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 11Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
- By jd914 in forum HTC TITANReplies: 8Last Post: 12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
- By baseballbert in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
- By seaniccus in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 8Last Post: 08-31-2011, 07:35 AM