htc 8x mushy and weak?

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8X
on the back,i noticed that when i squeezed, put pressure, right below the camera, above the HTC logo, the plastic actually caves in a little bit and makes a sound like a hard cushion is inside of there.

is this just my phone or is the phone-wide?

if you have the 8x can you let me know if yours does the same?

pooooost

also the screen isnt completely flush with the body, if i squeeze the phone on the sides and corners it aligns and moves pretty easily, is this also
phone-wide or just me?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's fine. You're pushing the polycarbonate shell into the RF shield. It's not "mushy and weak," it's a result of a layered design.

If you squeeze and twist the phone, it will also make weird noises and eventually break. If you throw an anvil at it, it will make a "krunch" noise and shatter. Etc., etc., etc.

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
It's fine. You're pushing the polycarbonate shell into the RF shield. It's not "mushy and weak," it's a result of a layered design.

If you squeeze and twist the phone, it will also make weird noises and eventually break. If you throw an anvil at it, it will make a "krunch" noise and shatter. Etc., etc., etc.

i want to know if others have this, if it just me or more so i know for sure.....
its a brand new phone... just got it hours ago... im pretty sure no other phone does this, so im pretty sure this one shouldnt aswell...

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just hard pressed below my camera and I heard nothing (except for my thumb sound).
However I hardly doubt it is mushy. You might have some air or something inside. If I tap around the battery it sounds like beneath the cover is something hard, however not near the camera.

Sheikmans

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My Phone feels sort of flexible. But this is by design. When I press,my S3 or One X ot feels like this too. Combination of materials, unibody etc etc. My iPad feels exactly the same by the way. Nothing to worry about. Your device is unfortunately not so unique ;)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I had to talk a friend down off the ledge... she was beside herself when she noticed that the glass on her iPhone 5, when light is reflected on it, shows that the glass wasn't perfectly smooth, but slightly rippled. Like all glass ever made. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs