12-29-2012, 07:42 PM #51
- 20 Posts
Anyone else think it's weird how many thread their are going over to death anything negative, android bb ios advocacy... I thought there would be more here's how to use this feature or my favorite app is threads. I'm glad for the first few threads on battery issues because of the tips I've double my battery life. It just seems weird.
- 12-29-2012, 09:03 PM #52
I really liked the 8x but in the end I returned it and these are the reasons why.
1. No email attachment capability for documents within the email app.
2. Battery life, it is great if you leave the brightness on low, but put it on high and it is like watching a Hummer guzzle gas.
3. No way to increase standby time over 10 minutes. This is a real pain when driving long distances and streaming Slacker or Music and have to struggle to turn the device back on, even when it is connected to a power source.
4. No navigation and the expensive market apps aren't worth the cost.
5. Charging beep when placing on wireless charger or plugging in power cord.
6. No way to change voice mail login to include the password on Verizon phones. Creates safety hazard while driving.
7. Notifications disappear too quickly.
8. Very limited email and Office functionality.
9. Unintuitive multitasking.
10. Coating started to rub off in two weeks.
I really do like Windows 8, they just need to fix at least half of my issues before I would get one again. I can deal with the lack of apps, but the basic functions need to be fixed quickly in an update. What I loved about this phone: perfect size, great display, clearest call quality I have ever had on a Verizon phone, best and loudest music sound, best Bluetooth connections with my car and Bluetooth stereo (hands free text message read and reply right through my car system) only phone that will do that in my car, simple interface, wireless charging, camera.
- 12-30-2012, 07:37 AM #55
I have two that I carry everyday and have never had an issue.RSM for VZW
Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
- 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM #60
I am very happy with my 8X! I am also very excited to see the future of this device! It has a lot of room for improvement (specially in the OS part), but that's why I like it! Lots of ways to make it an even more great phone!
- 12-31-2012, 04:01 PM #61
I love mine I just don't trust the build... I already have a raised corner and light leakage as well as creaking when pressing certain points of the device. I might consider getting a replacement that I hope can actually last (these posts about the dye wearing off are making me nervous).
- 01-29-2013, 05:14 AM #64
What charging beep? Mine does not beep while its charging and I charge it every night right on my nightstand so I would know! And my notifications don't disappear. Voice turn-by-turn navigation is now available for free as well with Nokia Drive +. And I don't find it "un intuitive" at all. I'm quite happy with my 8X.
01-29-2013, 05:35 AM #65
- 187 Posts
I am mostly happy with my 8x but there are two obvious areas that irk me:
-Battery life is poor. I plug in my 8x every night before I go to bed to ensure I have enough juice for the next day. It's not a hardhsip to do it but it doesn't add to the experience either.
-HTC apps for WP8 MIA. Very disappointed with the lack of HTC apps for WP8. It was hardly stella on WP7 but for WP8, HTC have totally not bothered. Really miss my DLNA app from my HD7.
- 01-29-2013, 07:18 AM #66
Really only a couple issues with this phone, but in my opinion they are big:
1. Phone over all, feels locked down. Very "iphoney"....
2. Needs separate volume controls, i.e. ringer, in call volume, media, etc.
3. Needs some sort of profiling. Needs the ability to adjust above volumes on a time schedule or something similiar. Even smart phones that don't have this feature built in (blackberrys, iphone's DND feature) have apps to allow for this function. (android)
4. Need ability to set custom tones for notifications. The only thing you can set a custom ringer for right now is the phone ringer itself.
5. This goes without saying but the phone needs more dev support. Apps are lacking. I realize this version of the OS is in it's fledgling stage.
6. Personally, the phone did not perform well for me regarding bluetooth in my vehicle. It connected to UConnect fine, but all outgoing transmissions were static filled. People complained they couldn't hear me.
Build quality is great. Battery life is adequate. Screen is beautiful. Love the live tiles. And other than the above issues, the phone is top notch.
Until this OS matures and Microsoft feels the need to add these "features" that have been on other smartphones for years, this OS isn't for me and in my opinion isn't ready for any significant market share. I have gone back to android for the time being.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
- 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM #68
2. Battery life is not great, but not terrible either. I get 12+ hours with moderate-heavy use on mine with the screen brightness on auto.
3. Haven't tried this yet.
4. Nokia Drive works on the 8x :)
5. ermmm, ok
6. None of my Androids did this either. Maybe it's a Verizon thing.
7. ermmm, ok
8. I agree with this.
10. I put mine in an S-line case the week I got it (which is awesome btw).
The phone is great. It has its shortcomings, but no more than any other phone. Its pros far outweigh the cons.Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.
- 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM #72
#4. On rew001's list. "Can't set ringtone for anything but the phone ringer."
Not true - I'm looking at my settings right now and I can pick a separate tone for ringtone, text or IM, voicemail, and email. And I have!
And as I've already said, I have no beeping while its charging. Hmmmm....
Do we even have the same phone?? :-/
- 01-30-2013, 02:22 AM #73
I absolutely love mine. It's slick, I love WP8, it does everything well, it's fast, the battery life is great - coming from an HTC Thunderbolt w/ Android, the only complaint I have is that I miss some of my old apps (TD Bank, Yahoo! Fantasy Sports, etc.), but those will come in time. I'm so happy that I made the switch to WP8 and picked this phone specifically. It's eye-catching and I get a ton of comments on it, so I'm always showing it off.
- By CSI Guy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 28Last Post: 11-18-2012, 05:07 AM
- By rmichael75 in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 21Last Post: 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM
- By red grenadine in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 9Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:31 PM
- By Jazmac in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 39Last Post: 10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
- By IceCrush in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2011, 12:51 PM