Are most folks happy with their 8X?

Moose_Albo

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine a few days ago and I absolutely love it. My battery does seem to drain a bit fast though and I have trouble connecting to my campuses WiFi hotspot. But aside from that I am totally happy with my phone and look forward to seeing the OS grow! 😊

rob45

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am happy with mine. Battery hasn't been a problem. Someone mentioned that the recent Verizon update increased battery life dramatically. I seem to be seeing that but not sure yet. I find the "on" button a bit small but I now use an Otter which solved that. I especially like the feel of holding it. When I bought mine the guy at Verizon said the staff had just returned from company training on the 8x and they were all impressed by the amount of technology crammed into the phone. I thought that interesting considering they see and deal with most "hot" phones.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely ecstatic! Perfect size, not too big... thin and sleek... sexy colors... and outstanding battery life. Smooth/fast interface, this phone is outstandingly amazing so far! My only issue has been compatibility with newer Ford MyFordTouch integration.

Brandonnathaniel

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Happy and looking forward to the continued developments of applications. I've been an owner of IOS, Android and even blackberry in the early days of the "pearl" and "storm" and I can say that paired with my Windows 8 Lenovo Yoga, i can't imagine ever going back to anything else. I chose the 8x pretty much on it's design and the fact that when I was ready to make my purchase the Lumia 920 could not be unlocked and was restricted to carriers I had no affiliation with. I like that Nokia is finally making its apps available to other devices i.e Nokia Drive etc. but I've never been a huge app junkie. I remember scrolling through andriod's marketplace when i had a HTC Evo and just looking at so many half assed useless applications that bloated the marketplace overall.

I think my favorite thing about my HTC 8x is the Beats Audio integration. I am a musician by trade and any handheld portable storage media device always delivered a mediocre listening experience. I listen to music now only on my HTC and cannot imagine leaving an audio amplifier behind on my next phone.

The battery life has served me well and the Portico update fixed my issue with rebooting. I am enjoying the customization features and making my home screen "my own" which I never really could do with my iPhone (besides the lock screen). I have been recommending wp8 to all of my friends and family often with backlash. I like the fact that its the underdog in an over used bloated market where the two giants monopolized the OS for 90% of the phones out there..

Don't even get me started on how i love taking pictures and uploading directly to SkyDrive...

Highly recommend and couldn't be happier thus far.

HTC 8X Black Verizon (unlocked) using on T-Mobiles $50 Prepaid plan.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
IMHO.
I bought 8X in 2012 December. Selected it instead of Lumia 920 because 8X is lighter, has smaller screen. I really hate idea to make screen bigger and bigger! That is awful. I do not need a shovel to dig the car out of the snow!
But, now I think I made bad choice. HTC doesn't care about WP eco system as much as Nokia does. HTC thinks in "Bugdroid" way, but only Samsung succeeded there :)

What I like in 8X:
- Design is excellent!
- Screen excellent! (More DPI that retina)
- Good sound processing. ( I don't care about Beats soft equalizer. Same things you can archive on any other phones without pathetic pathos around Beats)
- Loud speakers
- Excellent vibro

What I really heat in 8X:
- What idiot put power button on the top of phone? If I could find him, I would force him to lock/unlock phone for whole day using his right hand.
- Quality of camera is very bad, comparing to my old iPhone 4S. Yet you have plenty of settings to make better picture, but this is phone, not DSLR! You take it from pocket, point and shoot. You should not spend time in settings or you can lose the precious moment you want to capture. Have no idea about 920, but reading forum can say that 920 has better camera.
- No intersecting apps from HTC. Except may be HTC hub, where I use only Weather on lock screen. Where is black list for example?
- Only 16 GB of storage. What stops you HTC, to release 32 or even 64 GB version? Or at least add SD card support.

Overall this is very good phone. I can recommend it over any phones (WP8) except Lumia 920. But if you like stylish phones, 8X looks much better than 920.

Fuzzeke

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the 8X since last thursday and liking it so far. It's slick looking and the size is perfect.
Battery Life is good enough to last a whole day with frequent use and the screen is nice and sharp with good colors.

The reason I went with htc is that the 8x faired a bit better than the 820.. And the 920 was just a tad to expensive ��

Overal great phone but with a few missteps IMO.. Like the power button on top and support from htc.. But that could change offcourse!

Mikestro3g

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
For the most part I'm happy w/my HTC 8X (TMobile), however do you have any idea when TMobile will push out the Portico update?
I ask because currently I don't have persistant wi-fi connections.

Mikestro3g

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
For the most part I'm happy w/my HTC 8X (TMobile), however do you have any idea when TMobile will push out the Portico update?
I ask because currently I don't have persistant wi-fi connections.

Mikestro3g

The update has been ongoing since Jan. 28th. I received the update awhile back. Don't know why you haven't, but they are pushing out, just not in your area yet..

welchpm

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I like the device but am really unhappy with battery life. I've uninstalled Whatsapp and the HTC weather app, barely used the phone today for anything, and 8 hours off charger has me at 47% battery. A phone which can't last a day with VERY LIGHT use is just unacceptable these days. I'm also updated to Portico, etc., so I suspect I might have a bad device.

Last edited:

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Never been happier than owning this phone. Switching from Lumia 800 to 8x. I like the design and the weight (lighter really matter).Nokia phone is too heavy for me.I like the speaker and screen which is stunning.The build is also solid.i accidentally dropped it last week and only some scratches was seen at the corner.Thank god.Installed Alphalts 7 on my HTX 8x, very enjoy playing it using the phone. The only problem im having is finding the right screen protector and accessories for the phone. My country doesnt import much accessories for this phone. Other than that,I am one happy customer.

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Dont plug in and charge it overnight. Will reduce the battery life overtime. Use timer adapter to auto disconnect the electricity by setting timer. Our phone is supported with new Quolcomm chip which increase battery charging by 40%. You dont need to charge overnight to make it to full bar.Just an hour or two.

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to mention about the front camera for group photo taking, this is the function i like the most. Most of my friend jealous of my 8x capable to do it better than their phone.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the device but am really unhappy with battery life. I've unistalled Whatsapp and the HTC weather app, barely used the phone today for anything, and 8 hours off charger has me at 47% battery. A phone which can't last a day with VERY LIGHT use is just unacceptable these days. I'm also updated to Portico, etc., so I suspect I might have a bad device.
For how small this phone is, the battery life is one area that I have (just the opposite from you) been extremely impressed by. And Portico made it even better. I'd suggest you have an app that is misbehaving. Hard to believe its a hardware issue but not impossible. What I'd do is start removing apps one by one. Long process, but you'd get to the bottom. Reboot after removing each app as well. Might start by asking if you're using the HTC app, as there has been reports that it has some noticeable impact. Beyond that, start by any app that would be getting updates throughout the day like weather, stock, etc. I'm assuming your spending all day in an area of good reception, because we all know what sketch reception will get you. But one thing I can say, with 3 8x's in my family, the battery life is very good. Your experience is the exception.

welchpm

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
HTC app is already uninstalled, that didn't make much difference at all. It's possible that poor reception is the problem - my office is essentially a Faraday cage due to some anti-UV coating on the windows. But even so, and to speak to your point regarding phone size/battery life, I'm coming from an iPhone 4s which was smaller, and had at least 2 or 3x the battery life. (Though, no LTE as it was iPhone 4).

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Well, I've been using an 822 for a couple of months and really like it, but my lust got the best of me and I gave in to the blue 8X. Should get it today and hope it turns some heads, haha. As far as the storage, I looked at my 822 and even with a 32gb card and lots of music and a movie, I am still under 16gb, so I can live with the limited storage. I don't really take a lot of photos and videos. I may miss the removable battery when I am out somewhere, but WP can do a good job of maximizing the battery, especially if you use the Battery Saver.

Nick Archambault

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am happy with the software and the overall look and feel of the phone. Even the OS has been a joy to use.

The only thing I complain about is the battery life. Its absolutely horrible. They really need to address this. Otherwise I'd recommend this phone to anyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers