Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert Carpenter
  • 1 Post By monels11
  1. monels11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #1  
    Does anyone know the actual triggers for the LED? So far it has only turned orange/red while charging and at low battery.
  2. Ryan32's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #2  
    I noticed this as well... I was really hoping (still am actually) that HTC/Verizon/MS would push a patch that would give us some sort of control over what triggers it... At the very least, trigger it if there are any notifications present on the lock screen...
  3. #3  
    Strictly charging functionality.

    Red when charging,
    Green when fully charged
    Blinking red when low battery.

    It serves no other purpose.
    Sam Sabri likes this.
  4. monels11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #4  
    What a waste. I was at least hoping for texting or missed call notifications.
    mikeyfernandez likes this.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by monels11 View Post
    What a waste. I was at least hoping for texting or missed call notifications.
    Yeah. Would be a nice improvement.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
  6. juanitoriv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    989 Posts
    #6  
    I occasionally get red/green flashing. Usually when I'm watching a movie.. Anyone else? Or know what it means??
    From the CO and my 8X
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by juanitoriv View Post
    I occasionally get red/green flashing. Usually when I'm watching a movie.. Anyone else? Or know what it means??
    I too noticed this happening during a long drive while using VZ Navigator for GPS... two or three times so far. The light would oscillate between red and green quickly.

    My phone was extremely hot when I picked it up.... seems logical that your phone would get hot during a lengthy movie. Maybe this could signify the phone is overheating or using a large amount of power?
  8. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,817 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    #8  
    I know on my TITAN I get a blinking green light to signify a missed call. Did they remove this in the HTC 8X?

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I know on my TITAN I get a blinking green light to signify a missed call. Did they remove this in the HTC 8X?
    Believe so. I know I have had plenty of missed calls and I have never seen the light blinking green without also blinking red
  10. Silamanagic's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    Yeah. Would be a nice improvement.
    Agreed. Surprising that HTC did not account for this as it is very basic yet very helpful.
  11. stesa's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    I too noticed this happening during a long drive while using VZ Navigator for GPS... two or three times so far. The light would oscillate between red and green quickly.

    My phone was extremely hot when I picked it up.... seems logical that your phone would get hot during a lengthy movie. Maybe this could signify the phone is overheating or using a large amount of power?
    that's overheating mate. unplug from charge when you play strong demanding task

Similar Threads

  1. Using the Notification LED?
    By fullcircle_bflo in forum HTC 8X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 02:20 AM
  2. LED notifications
    By Devilstar in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 02:17 AM
  3. Can you customize the LED for notifications?
    By Blacklac in forum HTC TITAN
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
  4. LED notification behavior
    By mittortz in forum HTC Surround
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM
  5. HTC Surround LED notification?
    By sniffs in forum HTC Surround
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions