- 12-28-2012, 12:01 AM #1
i have the blue 8X AT&T
leaking light from the micro usb and both sides on the bottom, next to the back button and the search button,
i can only see it in very dark lit areas.
going to get a new one, but wondering if anyone else have this problem?
Last edited by dookie dave; 12-28-2012 at 12:11 AM.
- 12-29-2012, 06:21 PM #9
- 12-29-2012, 06:38 PM #10
Keep staring at that light, it might disappear, u have nothing better to do than stare at the bottom of ur phone for light? Light is bright, its gonna shine through a couple cracks. Just sayin
- 12-30-2012, 11:43 AM #11
Just to let you all know, the light leak is actually by design.
if you look at the USB port closely, you'll notice a hole on each side. These were purposely placed there. The holes allow light to escape from capacitive button LEDs. The LEDs only turn on in low light, and this is exactly why they are there. In pitch black, the lights help you find the USB port.
- 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM #12
^^^out of curiosity, how do you know that its by design? I believe that if it was by design, the light would be more prominent.
My concern with the light leak is that its open space for dust to get into the screen.
02-05-2013, 07:03 PM #13
- 12 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
It is most definitely not by design. That being said, I wouldn't worry about dust getting under the screen though, the glass is laminated to the display making that impossible as long as there was not dust under it initially from the factory.
- By the_tyrant in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
- By wayneholbrook in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
- By rabit1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 37Last Post: 02-25-2012, 04:33 AM
- By masherro in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
- By astroXP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 24Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:08 PM