Weird sound

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I shake my phone I hear something from the top of the phone (around camera I think) that ticks or hits something.
Sometimes when I take photos I can hear it before or after the photo's been taken.
It is really weird. I don't remember that I had this problem before I had it repaired (due a bug that restarted my phone constantly when I turned my BlueTooth on).

Do you think it is normal to hear that sound? I don't want to send my phone in service once again :(

I believe it is coming from the (sound) jack... or the speaker or the lenses are moving (although the photos look awesome)? But from the top of the phone for sure.

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i dont know if this is it... probably not since u say when you shake your phone.
i had a noise come out of the camera i guess when it opens, turn off, change from rear cam to ffc, anything i did that would turn on / off the camera would make a noise so im guessing its camera shutter opening closing or idk.
but you said it makes the sound when u shake the phone so idk... check if its the volume rocker buttons? because the phone i had made a noise from the volume rocker buttons.
dont know forsure but hope i helped someway

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i dont know if this is it... probably not since u say when you shake your phone.
i had a noise come out of the camera i guess when it opens, turn off, change from rear cam to ffc, anything i did that would turn on / off the camera would make a noise so im guessing its camera shutter opening closing or idk.
but you said it makes the sound when u shake the phone so idk... check if its the volume rocker buttons? because the phone i had made a noise from the volume rocker buttons.
dont know forsure but hope i helped someway
Well when I change the FFC to the read (or vice versa) the sound is a little different than the one I hear when I shake my phone. I guess I'll live with it.
What have you done to fix it, or haven't you get it fixed?

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well when I change the FFC to the read (or vice versa) the sound is a little different than the one I hear when I shake my phone. I guess I'll live with it.
What have you done to fix it, or haven't you get it fixed?
i had problems like light coming from the bottom of the phone
i never thought the noise from the camera was a problem, i think its just the lense switching on and off.
i had the 8gb model. i returned it and ordered a 16gb. mostly because of the light leak problem, not so much because of storage.
i dont really know any fixes though. saw a video where iphone 5 had noise from shaking, the guy said pressing down on the place that was making the noise put it in its place and the noise stopped.
other than that, i don't have much more intelligence to pass around...

Last edited:

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i just got my new 8x, shook it, and it has that noise. i dont think its a defect at all though
my iphone 3g has the same sound. my sister has the same sound on her iphone 4.
i guess this isnt a bad thing since i had my iphone for 2 years and never noticed it until i shook it.
if it is a problem... your going to have to call the president of Kazakhstan or something.
have you went to a store to get it checked out? if yeah, what'd they say?

jwort93

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
This is caused by the camera sensor because is not mounted directly on to any surface. It is held suspended in the frame by a fairly stiff ribbon cable, but when shaking the phone or setting it down on a surface, the sensor will shake hitting the insides causing this sound. It is completely normal, and the same on nearly every phone.

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This is caused by the camera sensor because is not mounted directly on to any surface. It is held suspended in the frame by a fairly stiff ribbon cable, but when shaking the phone or setting it down on a surface, the sensor will shake hitting the insides causing this sound. It is completely normal, and the same on nearly every phone.
thanks, Einstein.
Now go do my homework!.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss