Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

55 Posts
    Hi, I am new here and I am considering getting windows phone 8x because I am getting bored with Android. I am currently using T-Mobile's no contract plan and I am wondering if I can just buy the 8x at full price and then pop my sim card in and it will work? I have been to the T-Mobile site and I click on no contract phones and they do not have the 8x on there. They have the s3 on there as a no contract but why not the 8x? Any input will be a great help!

32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    If you're that afraid, just get the Verizon version. It runs or $550 and can be used with T-Mo's 3G network. It also has the wireless charging feature, which other versions don't have.

580 Posts
    Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    You have to change some settings if your comfortable with that
    If it worked on your S3 it should definitely work on 8x I did the same thing when I had my hd7
    i popped my t-mobile monthly 4g sim carrd in my 8x and it worked fine :P

9 Posts
    Around Nov 17, I walked into a T Mobile store and was able to purchase an 8x for $600, and sign up for the $60/month no contract plan.

It's been great. A bit stiff paying list for the phone, but considering the $110/month I was paying AT&T on contract, I figure I'll be money ahead after a year.

105 Posts
    You can buy any GSM phone and put it on T-Mobile, but if the phone doesn't support the 1700mhz UMTS band you'll be on the 2G speed EDGE network alllll the time.

I definitely recommend getting the T-Mobile branded phone, and if portico is any example it looks like we'll be getting updates promptly as well