HTC: "Don't carry your phone in your jeans"

surfwashingtabs

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Like many 8X owners, the soft coating on the bottom and corners of my 8S is turning black - I thought I was seeing things, but it's actually as bad as I thought. I compared the device to a unit in store and that is blue and mine is more grey/black at the sides now.

So, what was HTC's response to a phone that's turning from blue to black within a month - and seemingly going to get worse?

"Exposing the phone to abrasive surfaces could color run the material of the unit (e.g. carry phones in pocket on jeans"

Well, there we have it, if you own a HTC 8S/8X don't put it in your jeans pocket.

Geerboy

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a blue 8x....i have swapped it due to blackening corners myself....kept the blue...but got HTC's case (which I was gonna get anyway) and although the case too turns a little darker in the corners...it isn't near as bad and really doesn't bother me cause its a case....bit yeah....****ty design

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My blue 8X is still in good condition after about 6 weeks and I constantly have it in my jeans pocket. I did buy the HTC double shot case in blue (had to order from the UK) but I don't like the feel of it as much as the regular coating.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
xoaET.gif

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess HTC expects you to carry around a man purse and the put the phone in there
have a very good looking man purse for men ;D carries my stethoscope, surface tablet, room for papers, USB cord to charge 8X in surface, purity in ears, two USB drives, keys and still room to spare, oh and had a pocket for phone which fits 8x perfect. So don't bash on the man purses :p

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
have a very good looking man purse for men ;D carries my stethoscope, surface tablet, room for papers, USB cord to charge 8X in surface, purity in ears, two USB drives, keys and still room to spare, oh and had a pocket for phone which fits 8x perfect. So don't bash on the man purses :p

ahhaha nice!

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Very disappointed to hear this. I've always had a case on it, but its stupid on HTC part to design a phone that has this type of problem. Love it so far and I wish I could take it out of the case, but doesn't look like I will.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
"It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones wore one!"

OT, I sent my 8X back for warranty on the camera yesterday, I'm hoping a replacement will come with the supposedly revised coating.

It's amazing how wording can make all the difference in the world to some people. Just look at dolls for boys, they call them "action figures" :grin:

Let us know how the finish/coating is and wears on your new 8X.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how wording can make all the difference in the world to some people. Just look at dolls for boys, they call them "action figures" :grin:

Let us know how the finish/coating is and wears on your new 8X.
In UK, this item would be a purse, and it would be something used by both men and women.

temporary-38.jpg

temporary-39.jpg

What is referred to as a purse in US would be a handbag in UK. Handbag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3