| | 12-31-2012, 04:56 PM #1
So some of you may remember how I sort of pretty much trashed the HTC 8X. My friend got one and I wanted him to get the 920....
Well, I started out with a Nokia 810 back in November and then my step-dad got a 920 that he didn't like that he allowed me to have...Unfortunately, we discovered that the area that we are moving to later this week doesn't have the best At&T reception or T-mobile coverage. However, Verizon is. So he has now cancelled his lines with AT&T and our family is on verzion.
I was mad that there was no 920 on Verizon, so i decided to try an Iphone 5 out. My step-dad got one & I was like okay, I am going to try something new. Yeah...it went back the next day. Read why at this link
So i went back to the store and I was fully intending to get the 822(I hate the look of it but I like Nokia's products) but then i felt kind of silly to get a rebranded version of a phone I already on...So then I looked at the 8X and i played with it for a while.
Guess what...I now own a Blue HTC 8X
1. I do actually like the color of these phones more than I initially thought and the 8x has interest quite a many of my friends.
2. Beats Audio...I like it
3. It's Quite Light and thin compared to my 810(and especially the 920...though i do love the feel of the 920)
4. Surprisingly, HTC phones generally have below average reception but this phone has good reception
1. No Nokia apps(Sigh)
2. I like holding it but the phone isn't the most comfortable to hold for long periods of time...not a deal breaker as it tells me i need to put my phone down lol.
3. Camera is OK...My 810 seems to take better pictures and the Lumia 920 was miles better but the 8x Camera isn't too bad. However, I am not fond of the FFC. I like that it has more megapiels however i don't actually like the wide-angle lens. In theory, the wide angle lens does allow for more people in the pic and it works well. However, I mainly use my FFC for self-pics and I don't like how far away I look in the pic. My 810 lacks the 8x wide-angle lens and thus the camera is more focused on my face.
4. 16 GB...I do worry that 16 GB(14 really) will not be enough for me.
5. Reboots.....as I type this, my phone randomly restarted on its own. It's done this twice in the past day and a half of me owning it. Not a huge deal but that does bring back my earlier criticism of HTC not being a quality manufacturer.
Overall though, i do like it.
My brother now owns a red 8x, I own a blue one and my mom owns a black one.
It is not the Lumia 920...and trust me, I would take the 920 on verizon in a heartbeat over this phone as that is the best Windows Phone out currently, in my opinion. But this is better in most cases than my 810 was and the 8x is NOT as bad as i initially thought.