Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I REALLY want to switch over to Verizon. And I really want the 8X. The only problem I have, is the lack of group sms/mms support. I use that feature every day, multiple times a day with my lumia 900. I'm not here to troll, but more to ask if there's a workaround? Besides GroupMe. Is there any way I can have it as part of my threads? Any sideloading magic? Or if the ATIV-S coming soon will have the feature? Please let me know! Thanks :)

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I would hold off and see if it's re-enabled in portico

Quote Originally Posted by KeegdnaB42 View Post
    I would hold off and see if it's re-enabled in portico
    I feel like portico has already launched for the vzw 8X has it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    I feel like portico has already launched for the vzw 8X has it not?
    no

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I'm confused, I have not noticed a lack of this. You mean how it splits it to multiple messages when you send? You can still receive group messages.

Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    I'm confused, I have not noticed a lack of this. You mean how it splits it to multiple messages when you send? You can still receive group messages.
    It no long groups messages so when some one sends you and 2 other people a group message, all the replies aren't stored in the same thread. Every one that responds gets their own sms thread. It really kinda sucks, but you do still get all the messages.

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vheissu View Post
    It no long groups messages so when some one sends you and 2 other people a group message, all the replies aren't stored in the same thread. Every one that responds gets their own sms thread. It really kinda sucks, but you do still get all the messages.
    That does suck big time. Which app does the best job getting around this that does not require your contacts to have the same app? GroupMe? KiK?

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's the reason I returned my 8X to Verizon and bought a 920 to use on Net10 instead. I rely heavily on group texting for my work. Hopefully Portico puts it back in and I'll consider switching back. Nobody at Verizon could even begin to explain to me why they removed that feature in the first place.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Why not use GroupMe?

I just add everyone separate. I hate group msgs. I always got everyone's msg on my iPhone. That was annoying when I didn't need to see what everyone else replied.

Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    Why not use GroupMe?
    it's more reliable, I feel. Plus, having to convince everyone to switch over to groupme, just for me, isn't gonna work out haha