Any MyFord Touch users here?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if any others here have experience using the 8x with MyFord Touch?

I've been using my Trophy and now my 8x with Sync in my 2011 F-150 and they both have integrated great with the system. My wife just got a new Taurus with MFT and was excited to have the same benefits but is very disappointed to find out that the system identifies the phone as not being compatible with Bluetooth text messaging. Clearly that isn't the case as it works great for texting completely hands free in my F150 so why not in a 2013 taurus that is 2 years newer?

anyone have there own experiences to share regarding this? I know MFT doesn't have the best reputation but other than BT text support it has been great so far in the 3 days we've owned it. Let me know if anyone is having success texting with their 8x using the MFT system!

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You would think that since MFT is powered by Microsoft that compatibility wouldn't be an issue. Anyway, I would check on syncmyride.com and find out if there is an update for her system. Also talking to the service department to see if there is a back-end update.

UnSyncMyRide

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There was some hope that the combination of Microsoft designed systems (Sync + WP8) would work flawlessly.

Apparently not the case.

I started a site to document these issues and to ask for specific changes from Ford.

unsynmyride.com

Check it out and let me know what you'd like me to add.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Like the idea of an un censored discussion forum. Don't care at all for the approach. Non-constructive whining comes of as childish and unprofessional. The very name of the site underscores my sentiment. To be honest, for the most part I've been pretty happy with Sync overall. And for example, the NAV could use improvements (poi search) but I can't agree with the comment about 'real voice recognition' because its not that difficult to learn "destination | home" rather than complaining that you can't say 'bring me home'.

The right approach is to fix Sync, not to unsyncmyride. That's just childish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism