Phone speaker issues?

inssane

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday evening, my ringtones and gps voice navigation were crackling like crazy.
It was pretty bad where I was going to go to VZW under warranty.

Today it's fine. Are the 8x phones prone to any speaker issues that I should be aware of?
Nick

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Yes it does! That crackling sound will happen when receiving a call, Bluetooth, listening to music with headphones. It doesn't not happen to often but enough to frustrate me. One option is to reboot the phone. There are some threads about this issue here in the forum.

So you are not alone with this issue. Hopefully it will be fix with an update.

inssane

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So it's software related not hardware? That's a better way to have an issue, ha.
Yeah, a reboot didn't work last night. Flawless all day today.
I love tech :)

yanzfoot

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The problem is software, and it happens when you have Beats Audio activated, and the CPU is struggling (because the EQ of Beats, is software, and it is a CPU task). So when you have many apps open, or many days without rebooting the phone, it's more probably that you will hear this

inssane

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
But Beats audio says that it doesn't activate on the phone speaker -but it does work on aux, or it activates rather.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my phone yesterday where the sound was crackling and very low even though the volume was turned up high all the way. I had to reboot the phone and it got fixed. Not sure what was wrong with it either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon