Got my 8x last night ... I'm SO HAPPY, but...

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, i finally got my blue 8x, and its nothing but amazing, i did alot of research about the phone on the internet before i go and buy it.
im still saying its wonderful phone, but i just had some minor issues and some questions, hope you guys can help me.

1. battery life is scary for a new phone, i get only 6 hrs on medium use.
2. the ams/mms delivery system is disappointing.
3. i synced my phone to my mac to get some music on it, Yes i got the music but cant see the artworks and the background image on lock screen.
4. skype app still bad, also i cant log out of it ( and this is annoying )
5. disappointed by the fact that i can use the LED notification light for Sms/e-mail/missed called. Just for charging and low battery, wish there was an app to customize it.

despite all that its a great phone and im glad that i got it.
thank you guys in advance.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Try the app MPAtool for point 3. Battery life improved immensely for me over a period of about 2 weeks.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I had mine off the charger at 10am yesterday, and just plugged it in a few minutes ago with around 25% left. That was moderate use in a mostly low signal area. It improves dramatically in a couple weeks once the OS is fully set up and the battery gets a few cycles in.

Skype works fine for me, but its really only for video or audio chats on my end, so I don't know what to tell you there.

SMS and MMS also work fine for me. What are you wanting it to do?

Notification LED should have had more uses baked in. Even my wife's old Inspire and current OneX do. Not sure why HTC flubbed that.

Music sync on Mac I can't touch, since I'm a Windows guy. But, WP support has been nearly as atrocious as iTunes on Windows, so I'm sure there is some backwards way to do it. I use cloud based music services anymore.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
it seems that battery life will improve with time.
wish there was an app just like LightFlow on Galaxy s3 to make the LED work for ams and e-mails.

about the SMS/MMS thing . it works pretty well, its the when the message is delivered, i get a NEW text showing me that the message was delivered. i came from Blackberry, i had an easy convenient system when i see a Tic when the message sent, and a "D' over it when the message is delivered. Its not that big deal to me, just to say.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
it seems that battery life will improve with time.
wish there was an app just like LightFlow on Galaxy s3 to make the LED work for ams and e-mails.

about the SMS/MMS thing . it works pretty well, its the when the message is delivered, i get a NEW text showing me that the message was delivered. i came from Blackberry, i had an easy convenient system when i see a Tic when the message sent, and a "D' over it when the message is delivered. Its not that big deal to me, just to say.

To get rid of the second text showing you that the message was delivered, go into Settings, then swipe left to Applications and scroll down to Messaging. Open that and you will see the settings for messaging where you can turn delivery notifications on or off.
Hope this helps you enjoy your new phone more! :)

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
battery life and the rest of the device is flawless except it looks like dingy junk after a couple weeks, waiting on a case now to cover up the ugly (cause thats what your suppose to do)

battery life improved dramatically after a few days of use

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Battery life improves over time here's a scenario. Friday I took my phone off the charger around 9:15am, streamed some music, did some web browsing, went on a date which involved some picture taking and bus tracking then web browsed some more and streamed music during my commute. I returned home at about 7:50pm with 20% charge remaining.For the album art I used the find album info option in Windows media player on windows 7 to fix it. Maybe iTunes has a similar option. As for Skype there currently is no way to sign out but it doesn't use any battery life when signed in it seems.

battery life and the rest of the device is flawless except it looks like dingy junk after a couple weeks, waiting on a case now to cover up the ugly (cause thats what your suppose to do)

battery life improved dramatically after a few days of use

Mine still looks new after 2 weeks, I have a case on the way tho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit