Speaker and MIC disabled with voice control problem...

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I can create this issue every time and I bet you can too on your HTC 8x (I haven't tried on a Lumia 920 or 822 yet).

Hold your windows button down and say "Call (a contact) on speaker". The phone will dial the number and you will no longer have speaker and MIC for your phone. When you call someone they will only get silence on their end and you cannot hear anything. The problem then goes beyond that one call and if anyone calls you or you call them it does the same thing, no matter how you try to call them again. The only fix is to then reboot your phone and it will work fine again.

Now I know most people do not make phone calls like this, but with my old Trophy I loved the voice control and getting it to call on the speaker phone hands free. I did call support and they had not seen this so they sent me a second phone. The second phone does it too. I have yet to try it on another windows phone to see if the same thing happens, but I would guess it will???

Update - I had my sister-in-law try this on her ATT 920 and it does not do this, it works fine. I guess I am going to a 822 instead maybe...

Last edited:

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I do this a lot. In in Colorado, and its been cold. I have to stroll a lot at 10:00, 11:00 pm. Have not this issue one time. I've had my 8X since November. Unsure what your issue is.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Really? Man, I thought every 8x as my replacement is doing the samething. You have to say dial and on speaker for it to break, maybe you are just doing plain voice dialing?

BTW I am in Colorado too.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I just did it. Froze like you said. WTF?!?!?!?!

Normally I do it with buds in. That's how I usually am when out in the world. Love me my tunes man!! I'm in Northern NM at the moment, and its even colder here. Normally in Pueblo. Where you?

I'm the only person I know with a WP8 joint

Last edited:

NoKo

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I tested this on AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile 8x models - the issue happens on every one, and is persistent until a reboot.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Now, this is something I never do, so to me, it is not an issue. I do feel that this bug should be fixed for those that need such functionality. It really is a trivial thing in my mind, but, I'm not everyone..

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just coming to post this. I have three HTC 8x's in my house and I use this feature a lot (or I did with my radar) as I'm driving around and do a lot of hands-free communication. I have two T-Mobile 8x's and they both do it, but my Verizon 8x, doesn't seem to do it. I was shocked that it was consistent. The first couple times I just chalked it up to a fluke and re-booted my phone and later did a factor reset. Today when it happened again, I did some extensive testing with the phones available to me and was able to recreate it with ease. I personally think this is a significant bug as it is a very useful feature (which I've been touting to my co-workers while trying to convince them to go windows phone).

Some possible questions or variables:
Does it happen when calling both landlines and cell lines?
If cell lines only are they on the same network?
Do the phones have the portico update (my T-Mobile phones do and my Verizon does not)?

The other slightly weird difference between my Verizon and T-Mobile phones is that the Verizon phone vibrates as soon as the dialing starts (letting you know the call has gone through) and my T-Mobile phone will only vibrate when someone answers.

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
There is a firmware update for T-Mobile regarding this, the rest of the users Verizon and the unlocked phones will get it by the end of February as stated by some1 from Microsoft on their forums.
It is not WP8 it is HTC 8X. HTC and MS are working to fix this, apparently for T-Mobile they already released the new fw and it fixed the issues but I don't have confirmation yet.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting to get some WiFi for the update. The area in currently in only gives me 0.12mb down. Its a 130mb+ update. I don't want it pull all day. Should get it tonight. I'll post with my results..

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the update tonight. Did not fix this issue. Unsure as to what all is included, but can tell the screen to not time out ever.....

NewUser241

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I got an update a few days ago and they have finally fixed this issue! :smile:
Before the update my OS version was
8.0.10211.204 and the firmware revision number was 1532.20.20008.531, now my OS version is
8.0.10327.77 and the firmware revision number is 3030.0.34101.531.
As soon as I updated my device a new Data Sense tile appeared, but sadly I did not get the Wi-Fi calling app yet, some users say it has to do with the SIM card version, so I?ll have to check with T-Mobile and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss