8X Bluetooth issue with Car

Owen Hope

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I drive a 2011 Subaru WRX and I am having the worst time getting it to sync with my 8x over bluetooth.

It connects, but everytime I get into the car I have to delete the connection and re-pair the devices.

Also I hit play in my Xbox music and it takes about a minute to start playing and is very choppy. No transfer of contacts, no display on the screen, however the steering wheel controls do work. Due to the choppiness I have given up and use my old iphone in the car.

Frustrating problem. Anyone have similar stories? Fixes?

My info:
OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 1532.20.20001.631
Radio Software: 1.11b.32.19.23_2_15.42.32.19
Radio Hardware: 2.26.0.D4

Owen

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of any fixes. I cannot get my BT to sync with my car at all. I have not tried any other BT syncs though. The phone is works great outside of this so it is not a deal breaker for me. I am hoping the upcoming Update cures my BT woes.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have mine paired with a 2012 Mazda3 and it will sometimes make the phone screen go black and totally unresponsive (except for the clock in the upper right) for several minutes. Also, when it does "work" it won't display artist/song information on the dash. Frustrating.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The choppiness may be down to the fact that the phone is trying to stream the music from the internet, it does that.......

James McGrath

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So sorry you all are having the problem. I am also at wit's end.

The phone used to be a champ. I bought it on pre-order through Verizon, so I was there day one. No problems. But, after the software update on 2/20/2013, the Bluetooth hands-free became totally DOA. It connects to my car (2013 Audi), but doesn?t hold the connection long enough to make a call or anything. I tried it in my colleague?s car, too, and the same thing. I then tried her iPhone 5 in mine, and it worked like a charm.

I decided to take the nuclear option and do a factory reset over a weekend, and then reinstall all the aps. So, finally in luck. My phone connected and worked with Bluetooth in the AM. My colleague took time out of her day today to put my corporate email accounts back on the phone today.

And then, wouldn't you believe--on the way home, it was back to its new normal dysfunctional behavior. No Bluetooth. I guess it downloaded the update again.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had no problems with my 8x connecting up with my 2010 Audi A4. However this morning I went out to get in my car and the car wouldn't show that my phone was connected. I pulled out my phone and in the bluetooth settings it said it was connected to the car but the car didn't have the bluetooth symbol nor did it say anything was connected. It worked just fine yesterday, so now I'm not sure if this is a phone issue, car issue, or something completely different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills