01-11-2013, 02:33 PM #1
- 14 Posts
I ask the question to because I have successfully converted my girlfriend to WP8 Only problem is she can't afford premium prices of at&t and Verizon and T-mobile coverage in our area is lackluster.
She prefers to go with Straight Talk and I know they operate off of other carriers.
I just want some clarification though I researched I am still not sure.
So, does it matter if she bought the t-mobile, at&t, or Verizon variations?
Or does she specifically have to go through at&t because that's what straight talk mainly runs off of with their sim card?
Much appreciated for the answers to come
- 01-11-2013, 02:42 PM #2
- 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM #3
Not exactly interchangeable but for what you wanted, it may not matter.
Verizon version: supports Verizon's CDMA, LTE and unlocked GSM/HSPA.
AT&T version: supports AT&T's GSM/HSPA+, LTE. Locked to AT&T.
T-Mo version: supports T-Mo's GSM and HSPA+. Locked to T-Mo
AT&T and T-Mo uses different 3G frequencies in most places. Verizon's version may only support international frequencies for GSM/HSPA. So, these phones may not be able to get full data speed on other networks in US. So, if Straight talk is your choice, you can chose AT&T version.
- By travisel in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 2Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
- By sting7k in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 12Last Post: 03-30-2012, 10:33 PM
- By Res215dg in forum HTC SurroundReplies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2011, 07:31 PM
- By tiny in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 8Last Post: 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM
- By pirarre in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM