Verizon 8X Portico

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Any news on this? I'm getting antsy because my battery isn't getting any better, and I can't even look at baconit for an hour without losing around 30% now.

Would like to know if anyone's heard anything, or knows of a work around that would allow me to force install portico.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
No news as far as I know. For the battery, if you don't use NFC regularly try turning it off if you haven't yet. I was going from 100%-10% in about 8 hours with NFC on. I turned it off and with some heavy use today I'm now sitting at 50% after 12 hours.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Typical VZW update schedule. Way behind everyone else.

Acutally, if you had a Trophy, all updates were out faster than any other carrier (faser than AT&T and TMOUS).

Always leave NFC off, I disabled it as soon as I got the phone. I can get almost 3 days with moderate use on the battery...

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
You'll get it then still not be satisfied with the battery life. Didn't notice a difference between the updates personally.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
If its no different then I'd be slightly disappointed. The other features aren't as useful as a phone that can stay on for a few days on standby... Instead of just a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99