is my phone not working?

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
so I got the 8x for christmas and have love it but I just got my sony vaio duo 11 and love that too but my nfc doesn't seem to work. I like the idea that I can pull up a link on my phone and the just tap my laptop and do it from there or im on my laptop and I have to go somewhere and don't want my laptop just tap my phone but my nfc only works when I use my phone to send the link or picture and when I go to my laptop to phone it makes the sound of connect and let it sit there for a period of time and nothing. I mean nothing at all no banner no verification...I get a little message in my corner on my laptop if I want to accept the nfc item. I think it is my phone and hope it is because I use this laptop for school and would have to send it in vs just going to Verizon to replace my phone and I somehow got little dents mark around the camera where I used a narrow object to get the silicone lip from under the plastic on my incipio shin case:angry:

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I may be misunderstanding how this works, but NFC just sets up connection. I think most things still use BT to send info. And NFC is very, how shall I say, featureless right now and BT is limited. I don't know all the details, but all I can make NFC do is get my BT setup with my BB Gateway. And I only needed it one time. After that, just turn on BT.

I was under the impression BT was actually sending data and you have to set up computer to receive whatever it is you are sending before you send it.

I may be wrong about the NFC and BT operation but I remember seeing this in another thread somewhere.

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I understand that nfc is really useless right now but if the 5s gets it "this time" then it will be the most popular thing like the new noise canceling mic on the iphone 5....pure amazement. since it will eventually take off then I would hate to have a phone for another year because laptop for 3 more years because i didn't try to figure out which one is messed up because i thought it was unimportant for now.

also i think you are referring to the nokia speakers and headphones. those use nfc to pair and Bluetooth to stream the audio but then again i don't know much about nfc either the only other thing know is that somebody asked if s-beam would work with a case and someone said that as long as the case doesn't have metal then it will be fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes