Should I buy HTC 8X or wait?

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If you want a brick with a better camera get the lumia. If you want to get a decent windows phone with a beautiful design. Get the 8x. I know if I ever saw anyone with a lumia 920 they would get ripped the crap out of for having a brick! Who wants a phone that big in 2013? I certainly wouldn't

I'd take the "brick" Lumia 920 over the surfboard HTC 8X.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
MWC 2013 is next month. You would be foolish not to wait until you at least see the Surface phone.

I agree 100% here, if your going to wait, you might as well wait till next month. MWC is where they show off new mobile devices and normally every maker and carrier is there. If Nokia is going to releases a new model on Verizon, I would BET that is where you will hear it from. If you dont hear it from there, it's not coming anytime soon.

I picked up a pre-owned off contract 8X for not a lot of money and it's a great phone but, it has it's limits....16gb of Memory...Really ?

Only thing I would jump to another WP8 device is maybe a 9XX Nokia with a MicroSDXC slot...or a Surface phone, depending on who releases it (carrier)

I still have my Unlimited data and I dont want to give that up...

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think 8X is the most beautiful phone out there. I don"t know if anything in next 6 months can come out to put 8X to shame. I would pull the trigger.

Dlanod

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I picked up one this week and I'm ?ber impressed. This phone is iOS slick and the screen is beautiful. Call clarity is excellent. I find the sleep wake button is taking a little getting used to. It's very flush with the case and needs a good press. Looked at the Nokia 920 but for me it wasn't worth the extra ?200 to buy SIM only. It's very chunky by comparison and feels more like a tablet than a phone.

I need Spotify and it'll be my perfect phone!

jridgers

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I ended up buying the Nokia Lumia 822 yesterday and I like it very much. I saw the 8X in the store and held it in my hands, but just didn't get that tingle I did with the 822. Thanks everyone for your help and two cents.

anon(730643)

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would take any further promises for Verizon with a grain of salt. Look at the Samsung device. 8x is as good as it gets until next fall I bet.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3