January 16th 8x Update

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It is portico. I just installed it. The WiFi options and SMS draft are now available.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Last edited:

StantheManLee

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Well with my HTC HD7 I've received all WP7 updates...They were not the first to send it but I did receive all of them.... It's scares me because when I've talked to HTC they didn't have any information!

If it's that kind of support for brand new phones, then HTC...bye bye....Bell...bye...bye! Hello Nokia and Rogers! So far here in Canada, Rogers has sent the update to their Nokia Lumia and also to their HTC 8X like in mid december.

According to MobileSyrup.com, Rogers Nokia 920 owners are now getting a 2nd update just for language improvements! We can't even get the first one to fix bugs! Rogers has also announced multiple colours for the 920 coming out next few weeks. Bell talks the talk, but leaves their customers in the cold. I don't care what excuses they have. If Rogers can produce updates a month ago, why not Bell when they claim to be superior and want my business? Bell Canada = FAIL.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
According to MobileSyrup.com, Rogers Nokia 920 owners are now getting a 2nd update just for language improvements! We can't even get the first one to fix bugs! Rogers has also announced multiple colours for the 920 coming out next few weeks. Bell talks the talk, but leaves their customers in the cold. I don't care what excuses they have. If Rogers can produce updates a month ago, why not Bell when they claim to be superior and want my business? Bell Canada = FAIL.

That is sooooo true!!!! Forgot about that second wave of updates!!!! Honestly I think that Bell only have Apple and Android in their heads!!!!! And now BB is coming soon so...

I think that next time, I will go with Rogers, they have all the phones, pushes out the updates...doesn't f*** around with this!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still new to WP8... I thought 10211 was Portico? Am I incorrect?

Yes, 8.0.10211.204 is the Portico update. Why don't you post your Settings > About screen and we can take a look? Mine updated to Portico last month, here's my version information.

wp_ss_20130118_0001_rd.PNG

jlink38

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine looks a bit different. I don't know what version I had before this one, so I couldn't tell if anything was in fact updated.

Still worlds better than ROMing and tweaking with my old Galaxy Nexus... I'll take an update when I can!

wp_ss_20130119_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss