Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Dlanod

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Picked up an 8X yesterday - bored with iOS and Android and wasn't expecting much. But the beautiful OS and the surprisingly good App Store is very impressive. I'd say that Apple should start paying attention. This is what an updated iOS could be like. And the screen on my 8X is way better than my S3 - and iPhone 5.

And I'm an Apple fanboy!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlanod View Post
    This is what an updated iOS could be like.
    Doubt it. Apple wouldn't dare steal another design again.

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlink38 View Post
    Doubt it. Apple wouldn't dare steal another design again.
    What design did apple steal you've referred to?
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    There is speculation/rumor Apple stole Xerox's GUI and the design of the Samsung F700 for the original iPhone. Oh well, we should be glad we have WP8, I'm happy it looks and acts nothing like the other two major players in the game. I'd be happy if it stayed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    What design did apple steal you've referred to?
    Aww thats cute. You think apple actually innovate.

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Aww thats cute. You think apple actually innovate.
    Did you have instances of apple copying other designs to share with the class ?

Did you have instances of apple copying other designs to share with the class ?
    Ha. Do a google search for Braun vs Apple for starters the first apple products every out of the factories were based on designs copied from the late 1950's
    Thanked by:
    ohgood 

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Ha. Do a google search for Braun vs Apple for starters the first apple products every out of the factories were based on designs copied from the late 1950's
    Good stuff, I even binged it. Saw some old food mixers that look like todays harleys too. I wonder if people that design things ever go to junk yards for inspiration.

Hmm.

If we're talking a phone sized device, that does phone type things, I can see it getting very similar between all the designers, very quickly. Cases in point, all the slab phones from nokia, samsung, apple, htc, etc

Tennis shoes ? Yep
    Tennis rackets ? Uhuh
    Cars ? Yeeep

I guess what we need to do is find the one that -isnt- just like all the others. If there is one.

Good stuff, I even binged it. Saw some old food mixers that look like todays harleys too.
    In my opinion any time someone comes out with the words "innovative design" about one of their products 9.9 times out of 10 they are lying. No one is original with anything anymore. All the designers are taking design cues from people theyve studied during college or university that were around 50 - 60 years ago. In 50 - 60 years time people will be hailing the designs of people of our generation. It all hinges on what your taught, consciously or subconsciously it sticks with you. You think youve got an original design you can bet someone else had already done something similar many years ago. Very little is original design anymore.

Edit - And seeing as were going off track a little here. Im glad the OP is enjoying his 8X got one myself on launch day so im feeling the love.
    Last edited by martinmc78; 01-17-2013 at 09:14 AM.