Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I've had to do a factory reset on my 8x due to numerous issues and I am now unable to access the music I previously had stored on the phone. the phone, and my pc both show the space is being taken up by the music I put on their before the reset but it is designated "other".

screenshot-7-.png

Is there a way to recover or remove these files?
    Current phone:
    HTC Windows Phone 8x

Previous:
    Motorola Atrix 4G with CM9
    HTC Desire HD with CM7.1
    HTC G1 with CM6

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    that shows other not music

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Ya, other is not music. My other is 3.73gb and I don't think anybody has any idea what all is in this category. If this was music you loaded onto device, you will have to reload it. If it was music you downloaded from Xbox music, you will have to re-download it. Phone syncing to cloud doesn't work, at least on my setup.

I had loaded some music on there myself, but after a factory reset i can't view the music i put on. It used to show as 'music' but after the reset shows the same amount of storage being used by 'other'.
    Current phone:
    HTC Windows Phone 8x

Previous:
    HTC Desire HD with CM7.1
    HTC G1 with CM6

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkodrive View Post
    I had loaded some music on there myself, but after a factory reset i can't view the music i put on. It used to show as 'music' but after the reset shows the same amount of storage being used by 'other'.
    It may be just a coincidence. And it could also be a problem in OS. There are many as you can see. I have performed a factory reset and had to manually load all of my music back on device. I reloaded my apps Ota before I plugged up to computer. But when I plugged up to computer, I was sitting at 3.5gb of other, before I loaded my music back on device. I think it is just a coincidence it is the same size.

The whole world wants to know what all is in the other file. OS is roughly 1.7gb on my 920 with additional 3.7gb other at last check. That's over 5gb to make this phone work. Really? My next phone better have 64gb if its going to eat up that much space.

How did you add the music? I had that problem with files mistakenly synched from Windows Media Center, had to uncheck all synched folders and resynch to get rid of the other files.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumina 920 using Board Express Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DiGzNY View Post
    How did you add the music? I had that problem with files mistakenly synched from Windows Media Center, had to uncheck all synched folders and resynch to get rid of the other files.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumina 920 using Board Express Pro

Drag & drop, nothing fancy.
    Current phone:
    HTC Windows Phone 8x

Previous:
    HTC Desire HD with CM7.1
    HTC G1 with CM6