Unable to access files after factory reset

Parkodrive

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had to do a factory reset on my 8x due to numerous issues and I am now unable to access the music I previously had stored on the phone. the phone, and my pc both show the space is being taken up by the music I put on their before the reset but it is designated "other".

Screenshot (7).png

Is there a way to recover or remove these files?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Ya, other is not music. My other is 3.73gb and I don't think anybody has any idea what all is in this category. If this was music you loaded onto device, you will have to reload it. If it was music you downloaded from Xbox music, you will have to re-download it. Phone syncing to cloud doesn't work, at least on my setup.

Parkodrive

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I had loaded some music on there myself, but after a factory reset i can't view the music i put on. It used to show as 'music' but after the reset shows the same amount of storage being used by 'other'.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I had loaded some music on there myself, but after a factory reset i can't view the music i put on. It used to show as 'music' but after the reset shows the same amount of storage being used by 'other'.

It may be just a coincidence. And it could also be a problem in OS. There are many as you can see. I have performed a factory reset and had to manually load all of my music back on device. I reloaded my apps Ota before I plugged up to computer. But when I plugged up to computer, I was sitting at 3.5gb of other, before I loaded my music back on device. I think it is just a coincidence it is the same size.

The whole world wants to know what all is in the other file. OS is roughly 1.7gb on my 920 with additional 3.7gb other at last check. That's over 5gb to make this phone work. Really? My next phone better have 64gb if its going to eat up that much space.

Shad0x64

May 27, 2011
Visit site
How did you add the music? I had that problem with files mistakenly synched from Windows Media Center, had to uncheck all synched folders and resynch to get rid of the other files.
Sent from my Nokia Lumina 920 using Board Express Pro

Parkodrive

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
How did you add the music? I had that problem with files mistakenly synched from Windows Media Center, had to uncheck all synched folders and resynch to get rid of the other files.
Sent from my Nokia Lumina 920 using Board Express Pro

Drag & drop, nothing fancy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs