Wow! Download 'Nokia Drive' now for HTC 8X.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded it and gave it try on the drive in this morning. Wow. The best mobile phone satnav i've used that didn't cost over ?50. Accuracy was good, almost pinpoint for most of the journey, and the directions were spot on. My only quibble would be to add a favourites manager (ie. I can't add my home, i can only set my home location as a favourite which doesn't get the right address).

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded it and gave it try on the drive in this morning. Wow. The best mobile phone satnav i've used that didn't cost over ?50. Accuracy was good, almost pinpoint for most of the journey, and the directions were spot on. My only quibble would be to add a favourites manager (ie. I can't add my home, i can only set my home location as a favourite which doesn't get the right address).

Hi! Just search your address and then add it as your favorite. Worked for me.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded this last night on my Verizon 8X, I did have some problems searching for it in the store, but when I went to the store link from the story here on WPCentral I was able to download it just fine.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon
Had a few errors that wouldn't let me download it (same for shuffle party weirdly enough) but eventually it worked. Can't wait to test it out.

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It won't let me download it... why just USA, Canada and UK?

I'm also in Canada and it wouldnt let me download it yesterday, but I tried again today and it worked. Maybe it was being rolled out in regions. Best maps app by far!!
I heard they're also looking to release Nokia Transit, which is for public transit. It would be neat if they just had Nokia Maps which combined both

gilesjuk

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you add a favourite then go to favourites and tap n hold, you can rename them. This isn't obvious at first so I thought I would mention it.

wfblue

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Works great on Verizon. I did notice, however, that when my phone is connected with my bluetooth car system, you can't hear the voice.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird I can connect to my cars Bluetooth system and I can hear the voice from the navigation. I have an HTC 8x connected to ford sync on a 2010 focus.

chris7191

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
On WP7, my car has to be set to "BT Audio source" for Nokia Drive to speak. Bing maps would speak over the "Phone" method which lets it cut in over whatever you are listening to. Somewhat annoying.

pjotr11

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
if it's the language pack why its not released in other country's. the only thing I can say is: release it now, add language packs later. At least in the netherlands please!!!!!!!!!.

Tomasz S.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Drive already works on Lumias in over a hundred languages, so it's not a language pack issue. The restriction to UK, Canada and UK most probably seems to be a licensing deal. Nokia doesn't simply give out their apps for free.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This needs integration with the native apps map. My dell venue pro had turn by turn voice directions with the default maps app. Not sure why we need a separate Nokia app for that now.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded for my 8x, tested it out the other day! Its fantastic! Luckily I never drive so I wasnt missing my google navigation that much, but I really thin Nokia Drive is better, a lot more accurate and even tells you wheres gas stations and what the speed limit is...

Does anyone know how to install the voice turn by turn though?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3