- 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM #1
Hey all. Just joined today and am 75% sure I am going to make the switch soon'ish. I am currently using the DROID 4 and love it but androids stability is frustrating sometimes. I know I'll miss my keyboard but the market trend seems to be done with them. I am hoping the current owners can answer some questions about the availability of some features I have grown to love in Android. 1) at night I fall asleep listening to "tune in radio" with the sleep timer, can WP have a volume really low for the media yet full volume for the alarm? 2) if I get a case with a stand, does WP have an alarm clock mode so it dims showing the time in a faint glow? And the 3rd and last question for now. Does WP support background apps...can I listen to "tune in radio" while texting or checking emails? Thanks for your help guys. I am afraid of being stuck with a phone for 2 years that doesn't do some of these simple things I have grown to love.
01-24-2013, 08:29 AM #3
- 99 Posts
1) no, its all one volume. Currently at least.
2) it depends on the alarm app, some do some don't.
And I've come from a rooted thunderbolt. Best switch I've ever made. Even though the customization isn't there. You won't miss it. And although there are a lot of "missing" elements, I don't really miss them!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express
- 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM #4
Thanks for the help! I still have several months on my contract but might get one from ebay. Nokia drive added yet another missing component. WP is looking better all the time. Might wait for MWC to see what's coming down the pipe. Anyone know if my DROID 4 sim will just drop into a 8x?
- By Darus214 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2012, 09:47 PM
- By davec53 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2012, 07:42 AM
- By dogfish54 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2012, 08:31 PM
- By sundown28 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 04-10-2012, 04:15 PM