New 8x user - Bluetooth Question with car

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new 8x yesterday, and so far I am loving the phone, but I have a question about bluetooth connectivity.

With my Android, my car was not just connected to bluetooth for voice, but I was also able to see recent calls and sync my phonebook so that I could use my car's interface to return calls or look up a contact to call.

Does WP not offer contact and call history syncing via bluetooth, or I am just missing something?

Kixxs

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
I have a peugeot 3d sat nav. The 8X works well with it. It copied over my contacts ok and list who has called (only calls when connected).
The best thing I have found so far is when you receive a text message when it is connected to the car kit it reads it out to you. Then gives you options to answer the text with voice recognition.
Steve

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I have a Jaguar XF. With my Android and with my work iPhone, I just connect to bluetooth and recent call history and contacts sync up. When I do the same thing with my 8x, it just says, "Voice Connected."

Are there other steps I need to take to connect call history and contacts, or should that just happen automatically?

Kixxs

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi
All I did was pair the phone with the car kit. The car kit did ask me if I wanted to sync contacts. My last phone was and android phone running ICS and that did not sync my contacts.

Steve

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
I have a peugeot 3d sat nav. The 8X works well with it. It copied over my contacts ok and list who has called (only calls when connected).
The best thing I have found so far is when you receive a text message when it is connected to the car kit it reads it out to you. Then gives you options to answer the text with voice recognition.
Steve

My Titan running WP7.5 read text messages and gave me the option to speak a reply, etc. It is with great frustration that my 8X does not do that, with the same car.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new 8x yesterday, and so far I am loving the phone, but I have a question about bluetooth connectivity.

With my Android, my car was not just connected to bluetooth for voice, but I was also able to see recent calls and sync my phonebook so that I could use my car's interface to return calls or look up a contact to call.

Does WP not offer contact and call history syncing via bluetooth, or I am just missing something?
My car has a menu option to import contacts. That works fine. You may have to hunt around for that menu option.

stevethenerd

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a BlueAnt S4, as a hole I am disappointed with its performance. (my beetle does not have Bluetooth capabilities)
The audio quality is adequate for a single speaker. It has its own voice recognition system which worked somewhat with 7.5. I would have to call its attention and request phone commands, which then activates WP tell me prompts...
My disappointment is the connectivity, the connection quality is poor at best. Callers are often complaining they cannot hear, or the the audio is choppy or broken.

I recently acquired an HMDX jam wireless speaker... This unit is absolutely amazing! Audio is clear and extremely loud in loud environments with full Bluetooth audio support. In fact you have about 25 feet distance. And on a full charge it last 7 plus hours. It unfortunately does not support voice(on wp).

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My Titan running WP7.5 read text messages and gave me the option to speak a reply, etc. It is with great frustration that my 8X does not do that, with the same car.
Was it the car reading the text messages? Or your phone? If it was the phone, go into Settings > Speech, and just set "Read aloud incoming text messages" to the setting you want (I use Bluetooth only). This functionality has stayed the same for me from the Trophy to the 8X, but my car's built-in voice recognition stuff has never worked with either.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In my Audi A4, I get contacts and everything synced up to my car. However the first time I connected I did have to tell the phone to allow the downloading of my contact list to the car and then everything worked fine. I also love the text to speech of text messages so that I can quickly read and reply to texts without trying to fumble with my phone. Both of these are luxuries I didn't have with my old iPhone in the same car, great improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism