Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. jmon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just got the 8X the other day. Tried to use Internet Sharing but got the upsell from T-Mobile.

    Any hacks to enable this on the 8X?

    Never had any problems on my Lumia 710...now I'm scared to update it to WP 7.8
  2. DavidinCT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
    #2  
    No hacks for Windows Phone 8 YET.... Watch XDA, I am sure the pros are working on it. Also to note, the 8X is on almost every carrier so if any phone is hacked first, it will be the 8X...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

  3. DaveGx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    555 Posts
    #3  
    I don't think WP 8 will be hacked anytime soon. If they haven't made much leeway yet, they may never. At least with an HTC phone you may see any hacks first as they aren't as secure as Nokia. Those if us with a Nokia phone wont likely ever see any type of hack.

    Too bad too. I really wanted to hack Internet Sharing also like it was so easy to do on Android. I hate the idea of having to pay the carrier $20 more a month just to tether. What a scam
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    I don't think WP 8 will be hacked anytime soon. If they haven't made much leeway yet, they may never. At least with an HTC phone you may see any hacks first as they aren't as secure as Nokia. Those if us with a Nokia phone wont likely ever see any type of hack.

    Too bad too. I really wanted to hack Internet Sharing also like it was so easy to do on Android. I hate the idea of having to pay the carrier $20 more a month just to tether. What a scam
    Native tethering comes standard will all LTE data plans on Rogers (except for the lowly 100mb plan). Find a better carrier that allows it if you can.
  5. Stefan L's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #5  
    There are no better Carriers here in the US I am afraid...
  6. aliencatos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    #6  
    I have the lumia 920 from Rogers and no proble, me GF like the 8X bether becose of the size... we need the AWS 1700/2100 with my carrier so I order the T-mobile version without knowing this problem. now she can't share the internet on is Ipad... I realy hate carrier that disable OS fonction like internet sharing and charge Customer to let them us it like -Mobile, I hope this to be hack very soon or if you know a way...
  7. tofu.'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    No hacks for Windows Phone 8 YET.... Watch XDA, I am sure the pros are working on it. Also to note, the 8X is on almost every carrier so if any phone is hacked first, it will be the 8X...
    the 8x section on XDA is basically dead. I don't contribute to any development, so I have no room to talk, but I have been waiting anxiously for a way to flash a generic ROM onto the phone to get rid of the tmobile carrier tethering restriction. Someone came by one day and said he knows how to bypass the carrier code restriction so you can flash any rom, but then he disappeared when people asked how...

    Quote Originally Posted by javamon View Post
    Just got the 8X the other day. Tried to use Internet Sharing but got the upsell from T-Mobile.

    Any hacks to enable this on the 8X?

    Never had any problems on my Lumia 710...now I'm scared to update it to WP 7.8
    nothing as of yet

Similar Threads

  1. Tango Update Disabling Internet Sharing (Rogers Canada)
    By rc2080 in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 09:19 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 02:55 PM

Posting Permissions