01-27-2013, 02:51 AM #1
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to use a HTC 8x to tether (internet share) via a USB cable instead of over wifi? For instance if you are tethering to a PC or Mac that doesn't have wireless to consume the mifi signal.
Another but similar question, can I use my phone to tie into my home wireless router in order to serve the house with wifi? My local provider on DSL can only provide 1MB and I get 7 MB from the phone. I know that my data plan and usage will be based on my monthly plan rates. Just hoping I could use a USB cable to share from phone to PC, tie PC (internet sharing) into the home wireless router in order to serve the house. (Just a thought to see if it could be done).
- 01-27-2013, 04:33 AM #2
I own a Nokia Lumia, but assuming that since the OS is the same our features are most likely closely relevant. The only choice I've had is to tether using wifi, and it seems to be that that's the only choice as of now.
- By sravanv in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 59Last Post: 07-30-2013, 02:45 PM
- By jomarr in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
- By scsgoal in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2012, 02:55 PM
- By Krosty in forum HTC MozartReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
- By MangoGuy in forum Samsung Omnia 7Replies: 38Last Post: 12-04-2011, 03:51 PM