So, have paired my new HTC 8x to the car kits (Parrot CK3200 & MKi9200) in both my cars. Both connect fine and sync without issue, however fail to auto-connect thereafter. Have had iPhone, Andriod & BBerry phones previously and they auto-connect without issue.

Have seen lots of posts about Bluetooth issues with Windows phones (as I understand they are using an old version) but only solutions to auto-connection issues seems to be to delete all other devices before pairing. Have tried this (much to my wife's annoyance as her phone was one that was deleted ) but it makes to difference.

In the Bluetooth settings on Andriod, Bberry etc you can select to auto-connect to a paired device (as you may only want to do this with certain devices). However on Windows 8 phone there is no such option (assume all paired devices are supposed to auto-connect by default)

Firmware on carkits is up to date.

Anyone any ideas how I can avoid having to manually connect every time I get in the car, as its a major pain?

Cheers

K
    01-28-2013 09:19 AM
    Thats definitely unfortunate. My bluetooth connects automatically whenever i walk in to my house due to my bluetooth audio in there. Have you tried reaching out to the manufacturer of the car kit?
    01-28-2013 02:27 PM