Anyone have Incipio Feather for 8x?

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to pick one up, but i have come across a little confusion. The colors on the official Incipio site - I'm not crazy for at all. Then i got to the Microsoft online store, and they have feather cases by Incipio that seem to be the "stock" 8x colors. Thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Here is what i mean:

Incipio site colors: HTC Windows Phone 8X feather Ultra Thin Snap-On Case

Microsoft store colors: Buy Incipio Feather Case for HTC Windows Phone 8X - Microsoft Store Online

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Went to the local MS store and picked up Blue and Red Feather cases. Very nice feel and great colors. Highly recommended for someone not as worried about protection, but looking to add some color while protecting from surface scratches.

20130130_141429.jpg20130130_141753.jpg20130130_141358.jpg20130130_141737.jpg20130130_141801.jpg20130130_141529.jpg20130130_141728.jpg

Has anyone ordered the cases through Microsoft Store? f so, can you provide me with some pics or something?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the black for my 8x. But I bought it from cellguru online, seemed to be the cheapest price that I could find at the time.

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the black and my wife initially got the blue. The blue matches the phone color almost perfectly. I saw the red in store and it was a little more of and orange, still looked good and I almost got it. I recently picked up the pink from Amazon for the wife as she wanted something that sticks out more.

Great case if you are looking for a slim profile. Doesn't site above the glass though, so a drop on the face could still be a problem.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I originally ordered the blue one from the Microsoft store, but then cancelled it and changed my order to the HTC hard shell (Doubleshot) case. (also from the Microsoft store.) Just as slim and sleek as the Incipio Feather, but covers better. Fits like a glove - can barely even tell you have a case on it! My daughter, who hates cases, loved it and wished she could get a case like it for her Galaxy SIII.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Great info guys. Is it possible to get some pictures of your device with the double shot case? I would be interested in that. Call me vain , but I like the HTC branding.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the black and my wife initially got the blue. The blue matches the phone color almost perfectly. I saw the red in store and it was a little more of and orange, still looked good and I almost got it. I recently picked up the pink from Amazon for the wife as she wanted something that sticks out more.

Great case if you are looking for a slim profile. Doesn't site above the glass though, so a drop on the face could still be a problem.

When you say you saw the red case in the store, what store were you in?

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it really doesn't seem like a case, but it doesn't give you any added grip for that reason. If you want some extra tactile feel this wouldn't be the case. But if you want ultra slim and just protection for the back cover everyone's having trouble with, then it is perfect. And it looks good!

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Was this at a MS store? Or your carriers store, or what? I would love to be able to see one in person.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Is your 8X black? If it is, how does the black case match the color of the 8X?

I have the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC (it's only available in blue, matching the blue 8X color) and it is truly a wonderful case. The best I have bought. The fit, feel and overall thinness is great.

As my 8X is black I'm looking for a black case and possibly one in other color to have for changing. The Incipio Feather looks great but I don't know how it feels or looks in person, specially those uncovered corners.

That red or orange color look great, but sadly I can't buy from the MS store. I will looked them on eBay.

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Was this at a MS store? Or your carriers store, or what? I would love to be able to see one in person.

I saw the cases at the Microsoft Store in Scottsdale (Where I got my 8X as a replacement for my smoked by windows challenge radar). I figured if I'm getting a free phone, might as well spring for a case.

Last edited:

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Is your 8X black? If it is, how does the black case match the color of the 8X?

I have the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC (it's only available in blue, matching the blue 8X color) and it is truly a wonderful case. The best I have bought. The fit, feel and overall thinness is great.

As my 8X is black I'm looking for a black case and possibly one in other color to have for changing. The Incipio Feather looks great but I don't know how it feels or looks in person, specially those uncovered corners.

That red or orange color look great, but sadly I can't buy from the MS store. I will looked them on eBay.

I have a black 8x (Verizon/work) and a blue 8x (T-Mobile/personal). The black is black and matches the Verizon 8x good. Since its my work phone and I got a choice of a free case, I'm using the black case with the kick-stand and holster. Verizon Case
This case provides a little more protection when I have to go to construction sites. It's actually a really nice case, a little thicker, but has good grip.

I also purchased the incipio dual pro shine. The case looks nice, but adds a lot of size to the phone and the back is really slick. I feel I'm going to drop the phone when I take it out my pocket. Plus it doesn't site comfortably in one hand. I can probably post pics of the different cases if anyone would like

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a black 8x (Verizon/work) and a blue 8x (T-Mobile/personal). The black is black and matches the Verizon 8x good. Since its my work phone and I got a choice of a free case, I'm using the black case with the kick-stand and holster. Verizon Case
This case provides a little more protection when I have to go to construction sites. It's actually a really nice case, a little thicker, but has good grip.

I also purchased the incipio dual pro shine. The case looks nice, but adds a lot of size to the phone and the back is really slick. I feel I'm going to drop the phone when I take it out my pocket. Plus it doesn't site comfortably in one hand. I can probably post pics of the different cases if anyone would like

Can you post pics with the DualPRO Shine on? I'm thinking of buying a Feather in red (orange) or the DualPRO in black or grey. The Shine looks great on Incipio's site but I'm worried about it's slick back may cause a drop. Thanks!

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
After pvtpyle7said he saw the feather cases at MS in those special colors, I went to the local Nashville MS store and picked up a blue and red!

These things feel great and the colors pop in the way that they should. Like the "official" colors.

Pictures have been added to the OP.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss