Anyone frustrated by the 5 minute screen standby maximum setting?

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone else hates the fact that you can't increase the screen standby time to never turn off like you can with IOS, Android and Blackberry devices. My biggest frustration is when I am driving, my 8x is docked and being charged and I am streaming my Xbox music account. After 5 minutes the screen turns off and I have to hit the power button and then swipe in order to change a song or choose a different album. It really becomes a safety hazard while driving compared to just being able to swipe the screen to change the song which doesn't even require me taking my eyes off the road. Slacker has a keep screen on feature with Android and IOS but not Windows Phone 8 or I would use my Slacker account.

If anyone has found a hack or workaround for this issue please post it in the forum so I can stop thinking about having to go back to Android. Thanks.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am actually the complete opposite of you, I have my screen to turn off after 30 sec. mainly because I usually will reply to texts and then just set my phone down without turning the screen off and I don't want it just sitting there on doing nothing.

I know that didn't really apply to your case, however as far as changing songs, I thought that you could change songs from the lock screen without swiping to unlock the phone. If you are already on the lockscreen, you can hit the volume buttons to bring up the currently playing item and I thought it had play/pause, next, previous on there. I don't have a Xbox music sub, so I can't test this but maybe give it a try? I know you still have to actually look at the phone but maybe it'll help.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I miss the stay on while charging feature of Android too. My main issue is conference calls while driving. I need to quickly get to mute and unmute while docked and connected to BlueTooth.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No Never on international one. Would like it.

2 minutes is the sweet spot between too short and too long. Annoys me that there's no 2 minutes, like on iOS.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
WAIT! a never option suddenly popped out on my 8X! No updates installed, unlocked version, branded with a local Telco start screen. Might want to check yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos