Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. pfg

What is the better weather app for wp8?
    Last edited by pfg; 02-02-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm using AccuWeather in my lock screen

Weather flow has everything I need but it's a huge shame all the tiles and the lock screen look horribly low resolution on my 8x. It bugs me so much so I'm not using it.
    Amazing Weather HD is incredibly detailed and beautiful but they don't have a lock screen and their tiles are painful to gather information out of as they keep flipping and there's no static 5 day forecast/hourly forecast on their double wide tile. I don't want to always open the app to check forecasts.
    It's frustrating how both are strong apps but fall short on certain requirements.
    Currently I'm using amazing weather hd, I'm just waiting for either developer to update their app.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Currently I use Weather Flow and Weather (The Weather Channel).

Weather Flow is a nicely done app style-wise, but I'll agree with Doom At Last that it still needs to have some updates assets to look sharper. Weather I have essentially for radar, but also as a second app to compare forecasts in since both regularly contradict the other.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Amazing Weather HD is my choice. I like the uncluttered layout without ads.
    jasqid and DavidinCT like this.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Amazing Weather HD +1

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    I switched to 5 Days Weather recently if anything just because of its simplicity

Amazing Weather is the best. For free, AccuWeather is nice.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Weather Flow has the best lock screen and live tile. I still seem to always go back to Accuweather for the radar and accuracy. It has a decent lockscreen as well
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I tried out both Amazing Weather HD and WeatherFlow and I've got to say I prefer the look and detailed information given in Amazing Weather over WeatherFlow, however it is lacking lockscreen support which I'm hoping gets added in a future update.

Amazing Weather HD +1

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I bought and now use weatherflow only to realize what a disappointment it is. It has a beautiful live tile and lockscreen option but when it comes to getting your weather it is horrible. It has no detailed forecast or radar so you really have no clue about the weather other than typical "sunny, rain, snow or cloudy", which in all fairness doesn't really do much. Because it can be cloudy in the afternoon at 1200 and then raining at 1500, but you would never know that since until it starts raining, the app won't change it's picture. Waste of money

I don't feel like having two paid weather apps and buying Amazing Weather HD but that is the one I would go for. Other than not having a lockscreen option, it truly is a full Weather application
    -Verizon HTC 8x Blue

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I currently just use the HTC app and live tile, i also have weatherlive, the reason for this is they are the only ones I've found where the live tile updates to your current location rather than using a fixed location. I travel about quite a bit so that suits me better

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Amazing Weather, WeatherFlow, and Weather Master also use current location
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    One thing I do hate about Accuweather though, is the constant alerts for Small Craft Advisories as if I'm; a Captain for the SS Minnow, planning on comandeering a small ship, or trying to be Popeye. I get it..the oceans and bays have waves. I wish I can turn the alerts off for Small Craft Advisories.
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    Weather Flow has the best lock screen and live tile. I still seem to always go back to Accuweather for the radar and accuracy. It has a decent lockscreen as well
    Weather Flow's lockscreen doesn't work very well for me. It looks nice and presents a good choice of data, but then it doesn't update. The last thing I want in a weather lockscreen is to see the temp from 5 hours ago. I use AccuWeather for the lock screen, Amazing Weather tile for my go to weather information and forecast for my home town, Weather Channel tile for where I work, and a Weather Flow wide tile on my Start screen for the 5 day outlook. And I also have a Weather Bug tile on my Start screen.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    HTCs Sense app. Because I'm lame.

I love how Weather Flow looks as a lock screen though.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Im giving AccuWeather a try as its free and looks accurate and easy to use so far
    JerseySal likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I bought Amazing Weather originally for my 900 by the recommendation of this site and it is a good app. It does have a good looking UI and supports the live tile for the area you set it up for. But the live tile will not display, if you have it automatically find the location, I was told. It also does not support the lock screen. But don't get me wrong, this is a good app and I use it every day. They will probably fix all of these issues in a later update.

Amazing W. HD best overall, updates about lock screen etc.. And video perhaps?

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    HTCs Sense app. Because I'm lame.

I love how Weather Flow looks as a lock screen though.

HTC stopped working for me after the update
    ~Sal

Amazing Weather HD just got updated.. And it's amazing with the addition of lock screen support and more efficient live tiles.

So Amazing Weather HD wins, no questions asked.
    Thanked by:
    Vavali 
    Vavali likes this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom At Last View Post
    Amazing Weather HD just got updated.. And it's amazing with the addition of lock screen support and more efficient live tiles.

So Amazing Weather HD wins, no questions asked.
    I just got the update and now my live tile no longer displays any info. I have tried changing all kinds of settings but still just a blank tile. The lock screen is great, but I want my live tile with the great weather display back!

Update!
    Ok, I'm a dunce. Just figured out what I'd done wrong. I had pinned the tile to my start screen by pressing the app title in the app menu instead of pressing the "pin" button at the bottom while the app was open. Once I did that my tile was live again. I'm a happy camper now! No more complaints......sorry Amazing Weather! ^_^
    Last edited by Westiemom; 02-14-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: New info
  23. pfg

Amazing weather hd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anything not working properly.
    Carpet tiles.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I was having an issue with the live tile not updating post-update and I restarted my phone and it seems to be working just fine now. I love the new update to Amazing Weather HD!

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I love Weather Flow, best live tile out there in my opinion. Really beautiful!
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast