Best Weather app for WP8?

Doom At Last

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Weather flow has everything I need but it's a huge shame all the tiles and the lock screen look horribly low resolution on my 8x. It bugs me so much so I'm not using it.
Amazing Weather HD is incredibly detailed and beautiful but they don't have a lock screen and their tiles are painful to gather information out of as they keep flipping and there's no static 5 day forecast/hourly forecast on their double wide tile. I don't want to always open the app to check forecasts.
It's frustrating how both are strong apps but fall short on certain requirements.
Currently I'm using amazing weather hd, I'm just waiting for either developer to update their app.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Currently I use Weather Flow and Weather (The Weather Channel).

Weather Flow is a nicely done app style-wise, but I'll agree with Doom At Last that it still needs to have some updates assets to look sharper. Weather I have essentially for radar, but also as a second app to compare forecasts in since both regularly contradict the other.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Weather Flow has the best lock screen and live tile. I still seem to always go back to Accuweather for the radar and accuracy. It has a decent lockscreen as well

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried out both Amazing Weather HD and WeatherFlow and I've got to say I prefer the look and detailed information given in Amazing Weather over WeatherFlow, however it is lacking lockscreen support which I'm hoping gets added in a future update.

Amazing Weather HD +1

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought and now use weatherflow only to realize what a disappointment it is. It has a beautiful live tile and lockscreen option but when it comes to getting your weather it is horrible. It has no detailed forecast or radar so you really have no clue about the weather other than typical "sunny, rain, snow or cloudy", which in all fairness doesn't really do much. Because it can be cloudy in the afternoon at 1200 and then raining at 1500, but you would never know that since until it starts raining, the app won't change it's picture. Waste of money

I don't feel like having two paid weather apps and buying Amazing Weather HD but that is the one I would go for. Other than not having a lockscreen option, it truly is a full Weather application

clivectmob

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I currently just use the HTC app and live tile, i also have weatherlive, the reason for this is they are the only ones I've found where the live tile updates to your current location rather than using a fixed location. I travel about quite a bit so that suits me better

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
One thing I do hate about Accuweather though, is the constant alerts for Small Craft Advisories as if I'm; a Captain for the SS Minnow, planning on comandeering a small ship, or trying to be Popeye. I get it..the oceans and bays have waves. I wish I can turn the alerts off for Small Craft Advisories.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Weather Flow has the best lock screen and live tile. I still seem to always go back to Accuweather for the radar and accuracy. It has a decent lockscreen as well

Weather Flow's lockscreen doesn't work very well for me. It looks nice and presents a good choice of data, but then it doesn't update. The last thing I want in a weather lockscreen is to see the temp from 5 hours ago. I use AccuWeather for the lock screen, Amazing Weather tile for my go to weather information and forecast for my home town, Weather Channel tile for where I work, and a Weather Flow wide tile on my Start screen for the 5 day outlook. And I also have a Weather Bug tile on my Start screen.

anon(20649)

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought Amazing Weather originally for my 900 by the recommendation of this site and it is a good app. It does have a good looking UI and supports the live tile for the area you set it up for. But the live tile will not display, if you have it automatically find the location, I was told. It also does not support the lock screen. But don't get me wrong, this is a good app and I use it every day. They will probably fix all of these issues in a later update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb