Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    have u try manually lowering the volume to 0? possible workaround
    That would be so annoying to have to do every time you want to take a picture...

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Lots of phones have that issue. I recall my BlackBerry Storm and an LG flip I had all had that fake shutter sound. I had to put the BB in Silent mode(there was no helping the LG) so I wouldn't hear the noise. Maybe just tapping volume down, then putting the 8X on silent will do it? I haven't tried it yet and don't have it handy, otherwise I'd test this out for you.

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Camera shutter sound setting is in Settings -> Ringtones + sounds . You sure it's not there?
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It
    I have two unlocked 8X. Both are good phones, but HTC keeps updating some firmware on it on a regular basis. The last update has seriously diminished the battery of my two 8X... so much that I went and got me a Lumia 920 with all the updates. While the 8X is the more practical phone, the 920 is more capable and probably worth the extra weight for now. The issue I have now with the 8X is that when it switches from one network to the next, it hands up and drains the battery. You see, I am on two networks which are with the same provider but which have different names but the same APN settings. The 8X has issues with that since a firmware update last week. While my 920 is happy and has no issues with it.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    I have two unlocked 8X. Both are good phones, but HTC keeps updating some firmware on it on a regular basis. The last update has seriously diminished the battery of my two 8X... so much that I went and got me a Lumia 920 with all the updates. While the 8X is the more practical phone, the 920 is more capable and probably worth the extra weight for now. The issue I have now with the 8X is that when it switches from one network to the next, it hands up and drains the battery. You see, I am on two networks which are with the same provider but which have different names but the same APN settings. The 8X has issues with that since a firmware update last week. While my 920 is happy and has no issues with it.
    Uninstall HTC hub then see if the drain stops. It did for me.

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    And the Qi charging seems like a very minor convenience until you are in a situation where you need to actually plug the phone in. I feel spoiled now :)
    Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b 

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlzimmerman View Post
    And the Qi charging seems like a very minor convenience until you are in a situation where you need to actually plug the phone in. I feel spoiled now :)
    😃 I agree

HI,

can someone tell me what is the difference between between HTC 8X C620E and C625B?

I went from a 3.3gs,4,4s,5IP to google nexus, back to IP5, now windows 8 HTC *X. very happy with the HTC and windows.

I will say this, if you have to have DIRE Apps and games. Go to windowsphone.com and go check the site for apps BEFORE you switch. If they have the ones you need then I say pull the trigger, its refreshing. I been using since WP7, my OG Focus and I love it. I will also state that I use mostly the core apps, and maybe one or 2 like wpcentral app and my chase bank app oh and Metrotube(god of youtube apps) but other than that Im satisfied. I was same way on Android and iOS just cores.
    Red Prostitue 920
    MSI GX60 | AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 120 SSD | AMD Radeon HD 7970M
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12