HTC and Nokia

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed how there seems to always be news about Nokia updating or revealing some new thing but HTC has been silent. Has there been a reason why HTC has been holding back?

reckoner79

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately HTC doesn't seem to be serious about Windows Phone 8. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not keeping my hopes up, at least EA finally released Mirror's Edge yesterday.

I think the whole Nokia "exclusive" thing is ridiculous, I understand Nokia is paying developers, but I don't see how it helps WP 8? I guess Nokia wants to be the only company producing WP 8 phones. Is that their ultimate goal, to drive HTC, Huwai, Samsung out if the WP 8 market?

Microsoft should be paying the developers extra for apps instead of Nokia.

santillanavila1993

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Nokia values their customers. What they do is better then doing nothing at all. It also makes Microsoft looks bad thus causing them to perhaps act a lot better.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is in trouble and they went 100 % for Windows Phone, HTC is in trouble and they are not quite sure what to do about it ;-)

I still love my 8X.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed how there seems to always be news about Nokia updating or revealing some new thing but HTC has been silent. Has there been a reason why HTC has been holding back?

HTC is much more focused on their Android business, that is their bread and butter. Windows Phone is more like a weekend hobby for them. Nokia on the other hand is 100% invested in the Windows Phone platform.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the whole Nokia "exclusive" thing is ridiculous, I understand Nokia is paying developers, but I don't see how it helps WP 8? I guess Nokia wants to be the only company producing WP 8 phones. Is that their ultimate goal, to drive HTC, Huwai, Samsung out if the WP 8 market?

Not necessarily. I think Nokia is just trying to be as competitive as they can. They have to, they have no choice. They are 100% in the Windows Phone game. They cannot afford to "play nice" here if they want to survive. The others are welcome to have their own exclusive apps if they like. Overall Nokia has done far more to help Windows Phone as a platform than all the other OEM's combined and then some.

Microsoft should be paying the developers extra for apps instead of Nokia.

Microsoft does do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre