Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By santillanavila1993

Has anyone noticed how there seems to always be news about Nokia updating or revealing some new thing but HTC has been silent. Has there been a reason why HTC has been holding back?

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReckfulVic View Post
    Has anyone noticed how there seems to always be news about Nokia updating or revealing some new thing but HTC has been silent. Has there been a reason why HTC has been holding back?
    HTC has always been like that. Nothing surprising.

HTC is like that for Android phones too.

Unfortunately HTC doesn't seem to be serious about Windows Phone 8. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not keeping my hopes up, at least EA finally released Mirror's Edge yesterday.

I think the whole Nokia "exclusive" thing is ridiculous, I understand Nokia is paying developers, but I don't see how it helps WP 8? I guess Nokia wants to be the only company producing WP 8 phones. Is that their ultimate goal, to drive HTC, Huwai, Samsung out if the WP 8 market?

Microsoft should be paying the developers extra for apps instead of Nokia.
    Nokia values their customers. What they do is better then doing nothing at all. It also makes Microsoft looks bad thus causing them to perhaps act a lot better.
    socialcarpet likes this.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Nokia is in trouble and they went 100 % for Windows Phone, HTC is in trouble and they are not quite sure what to do about it ;-)

I still love my 8X.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    HTC makes android phones also, For Nokia its do or die with WP
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReckfulVic View Post
    HTC is much more focused on their Android business, that is their bread and butter. Windows Phone is more like a weekend hobby for them. Nokia on the other hand is 100% invested in the Windows Phone platform.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner79 View Post
    I think the whole Nokia "exclusive" thing is ridiculous, I understand Nokia is paying developers, but I don't see how it helps WP 8? I guess Nokia wants to be the only company producing WP 8 phones. Is that their ultimate goal, to drive HTC, Huwai, Samsung out if the WP 8 market?
    Not necessarily. I think Nokia is just trying to be as competitive as they can. They have to, they have no choice. They are 100% in the Windows Phone game. They cannot afford to "play nice" here if they want to survive. The others are welcome to have their own exclusive apps if they like. Overall Nokia has done far more to help Windows Phone as a platform than all the other OEM's combined and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner79 View Post
    Microsoft should be paying the developers extra for apps instead of Nokia.
    Microsoft does do this.