Beats Audio quit working

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second 8X and both have had this issue. Before applying the "Portico" OS firmware update, the Beats Audio functionality of this phone was phenomenal! While listening to music, you could toggle Beats Audio on/off in the Settings, and with it off, music was quiet and normal. With it turned on, music was louder, bassier, and overall much more awesome-sounding.

After applying the Portico update, this is no longer the case. Toggling Beats Audio on/off produces hardly any effect. In fact, the music sounds a bit louder with it turned "off" and quieter with beats turned on. WTF. No matter the setting, it never sounds as good as it did pre-Portico.

I only applied Portico to my replacement 8X because others with the phone told me that their Beats Audio was still working fine after installing. Not so.

Anyone else?

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. That does seem to sound better... I still can't toggle Beats on/off to be able to tell for certain that it's really working. But I think it is.

Where did you find out about it being something HTC is working on? I've been searching and searching. Thanks for your help :)

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This workaround seems to help: Plug in headphones. Make sure Beats Audio turned on in settings. Play music. Unplug headphones. Plug them back in. Resume playback. Seems to take a few tries sometime. Still, toggling Beats on/off has no effect, but the workaround does produce louder/bassier/crisper sound if you can get it to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs